Modifying or replacing the console?

Has anyone either modified or installed a console from somewhere else on their tracker?  I'd like to flat mount a unit straight in front of me but would need to relocate my gauges.  I'm sure I could do this with fiberglass, but that's alot of work. Anyone do this for $$ or have integrated one of the newer consoles with the area to mount flat onto a tracker?

Thanks,RObert

2. Member
    I am planning the modifying route as my next project after I complete the front deck remodel. I busted my tachometer with a 1/2 oz jig a couple months back. So i have to replace that. The speedometer is useless, always has been and I have speed on my gps. I will do away with that one. I plan to remove the instrument panel to use as a template for a new one that I plan to make out of double layered plywood. It all depends on what i find when i remove the panel. If i have something to secure the plywood to, i will rearrange the other gauges to give me a mounting surface for the gimbal mount. If i can flush mount it, it will but i doubt there is enough room for FM helix 9. This may not work at all, but that is what I intend to do.

3. Member
    I have been wanting to the do the same. Just can't figure out how it would draw out and work. It's definitely a lot of custom work that I just don't have the time or expertise to do. :(
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

4. Member
    I have a passenger console Ive just removed from a 2014 190. Any interest? I fish alone now so I dont need it anymore. Will ship anywhere in the Lower 48. $250 plus shipping?

I will say this. I do plan on building a new console in the future. It will be aluminum, but it won’t look anything like the style that’s used on say a duck boat. Flush mount uint with a smartcraft tach gauge fuel and trim gauge. Switch panel and that’s about it. Just might start as a winter project. But I have so much on my plate already. Getting a welder will be the first step lol

But if anyone wants to know. The newer console on the Tracker PT series of boats will work on the older 03-06 boats. You just have to cut down the side panel at the end , where it meets the back deck. I know this doesn’t address the flush mount issue. But those 2018-19 consoles are sweet looking.
    Last edited by gatorglenn; 09-08-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backrow461 View Post
    I have a passenger console Ive just removed from a 2014 190. Any interest? I fish alone now so I dont need it anymore. Will ship anywhere in the Lower 48. $250 plus shipping?
    I may be interested...can you send me pictures? Thanks.