If your on the fence

Got about 20hrs on this 205 and what I thought was taking a big gamble on buying a young companies new boat, I couldn't be happier!! Ride, layout, handling, fishability, quality AND its fun to work on as the bow and the stern are easy and wide open to get to. Even fishing wire through the gunnels is easy. Its all there plus, plus, plus. I scratch my head at how well this boat goes through rough water because looking at the hull shape you would think it was a bit flat? Dunno but this boat gets up and goes in the rough. These guys really thought about things before laying this boat out. If I had any kind of an issue the company was on it with an upgrade and already had an answer before the conversation was over. I have had Skeeter, Legend and Bass Cat and this is by far my favorite. If your "on the fence" looking at one of these beauties, take the plunge as you won't be disappointed.

2. Member
    I looked at one recently and thought "wow! what a beautiful boat!". The thing that kept from being interested was the trailer, it was a tube trailer, and no way in hell I will ever own another tube trailer. Aside from that I think they are very nice and really love the access that you have to the internals!

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

3. Member
    I got a channel trailer on mine. It’s NICE!!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman469 View Post
    I looked at one recently and thought "wow! what a beautiful boat!". The thing that kept from being interested was the trailer, it was a tube trailer, and no way in hell I will ever own another tube trailer. Aside from that I think they are very nice and really love the access that you have to the internals!
    This will be my third tube trailer, I never had any rust issues if thats what your worried about. I do make sure that the trailers tubes have drain ports on the bottom of the tubes, if they dont, I drill, prime and paint. I have to say that the trailer tows beautifully, I mean super smooth. I was surprised at how nice this trailer tracks behind the truck when making lane changes and driving twisty bumpy roads. Best trailer as far as ride goes I have ever had and it has leaves vs tortion axles that I had previously. I want to cry thinking of the thousands of miles I put on my last trailer and its torturous ride and effect it had on the truck. This is from a company who's trailer were supposedly "the best". I hated that trailer ride and there was no way to change it. This Marine Master is a real nice surprise as it really doesn't look like anything special.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman469 View Post

i have a 2000 stratos with tube trailer?? had since new no issues at all????
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    I see it all the time with the brackish water here in Maryland, It takes a couple of years. When they go guys will switch over to aluminum or galvanized. I am looking at boats right now and one of the things i am looking at is if it is a C channel or not.

7. Member
    You can order a c-channel trailer from EZ Loader. Dealer would have to do that for you. The link below is my new 205. This is a c-channel trailer!

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=916113

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by poorboy2 View Post
    I see it all the time with the brackish water here in Maryland, It takes a couple of years. When they go guys will switch over to aluminum or galvanized. I am looking at boats right now and one of the things i am looking at is if it is a C channel or not.
    I agree, add salt and you have issues with a tube trailer. I had a tube trailer once that a 20 ft. Lund sat on that had hook ups for a garden hose that flushed out the interior of the tubes. I used that boat in the ocean, used the flushes and never had any rust.