New Tracker boat shopping

I'm new to this site.
    I am planning to buy a new boat for my up coming retirement, and would like to get some input from any of you that might have the same or similar boat.
    The boat is the 2019 Tracker 195 Tournament Edition, with 150 hp Pro XS 4 stroke.
    Any input would help to some degree.
    Thanks!
    There is a lot of good info on here!

2. Member
    Very nice setup in my book

3. Member
    You’re not going to get many complaints here. Great boat but even better accomplishment to treat yourself on. Congrats and tight lines.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

4. Member
    Welcome to the site and sounds like a pretty good setup.
    2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

5. Banned
    I would’ve got this model if it would’ve fit in my garage. I think it’s decently equipped.

6. Member
    good afternoon.

you will love the front deck...its huge...

good luck,
    PURA VIDA,
    bluebonnet2

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebonnet2 View Post
    good afternoon.

you will love the front deck...its huge...

good luck,
    PURA VIDA,
    bluebonnet2
    Agree with that! It's the same size as the Z20.
    I would like to hear from someone who has a similar size boat, to see what they think about ride, handling, and such.
    I feel like it will be what I want and it's in my price range.

8. Member
    Mine is a PT190, same length but 7" narrower than the 195. IMO plenty of room for two to fish on the front deck, stable, and a great ride in choppy water. I find the seats to be comfortable. I just bought my boat early this year as my retirement gift to myself, enjoy your retirement!
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

9. Member
    I don't own a Tracker, but, since you are from Texas (where?), you might find someone to give you a ride in their similar boat. You might also try posting on the Texas forum and see what happens. Nothing like trying it before you buy it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    Mine is a PT190, same length but 7" narrower than the 195. IMO plenty of room for two to fish on the front deck, stable, and a great ride in choppy water. I find the seats to be comfortable. I just bought my boat early this year as my retirement gift to myself, enjoy your retirement!
    Thanks for the info. Enjoy yours as well!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    I don't own a Tracker, but, since you are from Texas (where?), you might find someone to give you a ride in their similar boat. You might also try posting on the Texas forum and see what happens. Nothing like trying it before you buy it.
    Thanks for that. I'm looking for the chance to do just that.
    I've got a little time, wont be buying till after the first of the year.

12. Member
    I bought my PT 190 for my 60th birthday. I've waited for years to buy a boat. Other family priorities cam first. My 190 does exceptionally well in the wind. You'll surely enjoy the 195.

If you plan on taking the boat out alone get some muck boots. I keep mine under the console and they don't bother me there. The boots would just a easily store in one of the many storage compartments. Put together a small toolkit. Be sure to include a digital volt ohm meter. I don't leave my took kit in the boat. I take it home when I'm done fishing. The Kansas heat would be no friend to the volt ohm meter, electric tape and many other things. Living in Texas. The heat will only be worse. You're going to get a rebate with your purchase. I used mine to buy a quality cover. Go to BPS, Cabelas or your boat dealer of. choice. Get in the boat, if you haven't done this already. You'll get a feel for the space available to move around the boat. For myself, I did not upgrade the TM or fish finder yet. I wanted to get a season under my belt before I make my next purchases. The 195 is set up with basic electronics. I would bet you'll eventually upgrade them. The last suggestion, Look at the transom saver jack. I felt mine left the motor lower unit too close to the ground. I'll be buying a longer one. I'm not happy with the way the rear trailer attachment straps work either. They'll be upgraded before my next outing

Enjoy you're retirement......And, leave some fish for the rest of us
    whatroads - A pun on the "information super highway"
    Tracker 190 TX
    90 hp Merc
    Fortrex 80 w/ 52" shaft

13. Member
    Fish Commando...you might want to put your City, or at least the general area, in your profile. Could help someone who wants to give you a ride to make the decision to help you out.

I have one and love it I moved charger to back added seat bases for trolling for crappie fishing my electronics. And a few small mods my only knock on the boat is the cooler. I added insulation and it worked great now but unless they've done some work on you will have to add insulation or us it as storage out side of that I love it
    2023 ranger 198p

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    Fish Commando...you might want to put your City, or at least the general area, in your profile. Could help someone who wants to give you a ride to make the decision to help you out.
    Sorry about the slow reply, been very busy.
    I live north of the Beaumont TX area. I have a camp on the LA side of Toledo Bend, south of Toledo Town. I fish Sam Rayburn, Dam B as well.
    I would love to find someone in my area to take a ride with who has a 195 with a 150 on.
    Anyone interested please message me.

16. Member
    I have heard this from other people as well.
    What did you use to insulate the cooler? And maybe post a tip on how to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by One fat one View Post
    I have one and love it I moved charger to back added seat bases for trolling for crappie fishing my electronics. And a few small mods my only knock on the boat is the cooler. I added insulation and it worked great now but unless they've done some work on you will have to add insulation or us it as storage out side of that I love it