New Helix pictures

So I had to have a new Helix. Lol. Anyways, the Plan was to buy a helix 9 or 10 SI G2N MEGA. I already had an 858DI at the bow and an 898SI at the console. I wanted to swap those 2 units, but have the Helix in front of the steering wheel and the 858 to the side. The 858 to be used as GPS only. Also so i could mark structure etc on the new helix and see it on all 3 units i needed to buy the network switch, cables, and adaptors. When I realized all the 9-12" Helix units are the same physical size, the screen size is different but not the head unit, i ordered the 10". By the way i got a great deal from RMP! I even ordered the RAM mount just in case I needed it.
    Installation, I used the mount I had for the 898 at the console for the new Helix. In the test fitting process I noticed that the unit had too much up ward angle for my liking and I couldn't turn it left or right at all. The fix? A 1" thick piece of maple sealed and painted gloss black. I also realized I didn't want any holes in the outside of the console for the 858. That new RAM mount is around 10lbs too. I thought , "hey I can build a mount to go on the hand rail!" Instead I found a railmount made by Folbe. Without thinking or hesitating I ordered the 1 that fits 1" to 1.35" railing. The rails on a 1999 cobra 201DC are only 3/4". I bought clear tubing and sliced it on 1 side. Put it over the rail and the mount works perfect. It didn't line up perfectly with the gimbal on the 858 and looked liked to get it back far enough, I'd need another riser. So 1 more piece of maple sealed and painted gloss black. Here are the end results. Took it out Monday and couldn't be happier. http://imgur.com/gallery/LQ6uVtL
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

2. Banned
    I see it at walmart and amazon. Where did you get your from? Link please
    Last edited by coachallen; 09-06-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    I see it at walmart and amazon. Where did you get your from? Link please
    I assume you mean the Folbe. Got it through Amazon Folbe products. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...uLlfRnnkX7ZvLG
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ou1dadgumit View Post
    When I realized all the 9-12" Helix units are the same physical size, the screen size is different but not the head unit, i ordered the 10".
    Good choice on getting the 10" instead of the 9"... more screen and better resolution. However, the physical size of the Helix 12 is a good bit bigger than the 9 and 10. I have the 10 at my console and the 12 at my bow.... I love them. Especially the 12 when running 360!!! It's awesome. Your set up looks very good and clean. Good job and thanks for sharing.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

I thought the 12 would fit the screen. My apologies but that was an assumption based on the 1st pic which shows an inch of unused glass at each corner.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ou1dadgumit View Post
    I thought the 12 would fit the screen. My apologies but that was an assumption based on the 1st pic which shows an inch of unused glass at each corner.
    No apology needed.... I hope I didn't some across rude or snobby. The 12 is just a larger unit overall (glass is larger and unit size). The 9 and 10 helix units are the same size size... just more screen used on the display.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI