Thread: Gel coat repair

Gel coat repair

Anybody know a good gel coat repair shop around middle TN. I’ve got a nasty rock chip on the top rail of my 09 Phoenix 721. I’d also like to see what it would cost to get the carpet replaced to. I’ve called C&O but can never get any answers and they tell me they’ll call me back but never do.

C&O and Eddie at Fast Glass are the best around

3. Member
    Genesis Fiberglass in Dechard Tn. Not sure how close they are to you

Genesis is only 1hr 51min from me that's not to bad. They look like they do great work from there pictures on facebook.

5. Member
    Fast Glass did some work for me and was amazing. I would use him in heartbeat again.
    Basscat!

6. Member
    Eddie at Fast Glass Marine in Lebanon, TN does good work. If I need something done that is who I would call.

7. Member
    Stones River fiberglass in murfreesboro. They also do all of Clark marines fiberglass work.
    2006 Ranger Z20 Comanche

Well guys I’ll be honest I don’t like to bash anybody but I’ve used him twice and haven’t been that impressed. Had a Stratos 186xt that he buffed and put new carpet in. The carpet was ok but not great it had places where he got glue on carpet and the edges wanted to unravel plus it wasn’t high end carpet which he never ask what kind to use but I figured he’d use good stuff. The buff job was good except he got buffing compound all over my rub rail all the black non skid stuff and the road armour trailer and it wouldn’t come off. Second boat was a Stratos 200 pro xl that someone had mounted a ram mount onto the top rail and didn’t drill the holes right and they cracked out bad. The boat was a red metal flake where he fixed the area looked good and smooth but had a definate line in the color where he stoped and started. He even told me it turned out ok but not great and still charged me 550 for fixing a spot the size of your hand. Maybe he didn’t take his time or do a great job on my stuff because it wasn’t high dollar. If I’m paying for something I want it done right.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos_185 View Post
    Well guys I’ll be honest I don’t like to bash anybody but I’ve used him twice and haven’t been that impressed. Had a Stratos 186xt that he buffed and put new carpet in. The carpet was ok but not great it had places where he got glue on carpet and the edges wanted to unravel plus it wasn’t high end carpet which he never ask what kind to use but I figured he’d use good stuff. The buff job was good except he got buffing compound all over my rub rail all the black non skid stuff and the road armour trailer and it wouldn’t come off. Second boat was a Stratos 200 pro xl that someone had mounted a ram mount onto the top rail and didn’t drill the holes right and they cracked out bad. The boat was a red metal flake where he fixed the area looked good and smooth but had a definate line in the color where he stoped and started. He even told me it turned out ok but not great and still charged me 550 for fixing a spot the size of your hand. Maybe he didn’t take his time or do a great job on my stuff because it wasn’t high dollar. If I’m paying for something I want it done right.
    who?
    Basscat!

Eddie at fast glass marine

11. Member
    Smokey mountain boat repair ask for Kevin Bryant he does really good work

12. Member
    Just took my bullet to Eddie at fast glass Thursday jutted called me boat is ready great work and quick turnaround good work go eddie

Like i said I didnt intend on bashing anybody I think eddie is a great guy just wasnt all that satisfied with the work he done for me. Maybe im to picky.

14. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Yes Eddie is the Guy, does all the warranty work for Master craft and many other brands for the area.
    Have had in fix a few places on mine and redo a Jet Ski. You couldn't even tell where the damage was before.

He use to work at Pro Craft and Stratos back in the day.