Thread: Bagleys

Bagleys

Hello, I wanted to see if there is anyone with knowledge/information on Bagley s that may be able to give me a rough idea as to what these are worth? First pic is of all like new seemingly unfished lures. Second pic have been fished but are in good condition. Thanks any help appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Youve got a nice supply there. If I were you, I'd fish them. Most Bagley's haven't reached the "collectible" level yet, unless they're the ones with the lead in the lip and brass hook hangers. I've got several of those, too, and I fish them.

3. Member
    You've still got some value there. I'm not that great with Bagleys, but there are several guys on here that are. I'm sure they'll stop in and let you know what they're worth

4. Member
    Thank you

5. Member
    One of the guys on here who is up on the Bagley's is rtlgator. I can't remember Cory's name on here and don't see him on very much these days. D Moore and Andy Kinslow (mrbasser) both know just about anything when it comes to lures...lol. Only partly kidding, as they are 2 gentlemen who I would trust with lures. Sorry I can't remember Cory's name on here, but out of the other 3, they should be able to help you out, my Friend. Nice lures BTW. Good luck with them.

PS-one of the mistakes people make with Bagley's is about the brass hardware. Yes, there are many collectors who want only the brass ones. However, if you read on Mike Metzler's website, thecolorsofbagleys.com, he maintains that it is the color and not the age of Bagley's many times that matters. I can't say that is the case ALL the time, but it certainly is the case in my experience some of the time. I have had older lures in fairly rare colors and not get near what I thought I should get for them. But...I have had some newer lures with NO brass hardware but in difficult to find colors and was more than happy with the price I got for them. So, the brass hardware rule can be, and is, bent at times and it is not just my personal experience. It was probably first stated by one of the top Bagley's guys there is. To the OP, if you have never looked at Metzler's website, it might be worth your time and figure out if you might have some tougher colors on there. Here is the site
    https://thecolorsofbagleys.com/
    Last edited by preacher ed; 09-08-2018 at 10:34 PM.

6. Member
    All in the pictures are Florida construction, with steel hardware and hangers. The stripped ones are not as common but they are foil also. Most of what you have a beginner collector value range about $5-10.
    Hope that helps color rarity are listed on line but with over 500 colors it is a difficult process.
    If you have other questions please call I always love to talk about older lures.
    Frank. 847-212-9607

7. Member
    Thanks for the advice guys it's been helpful.

Like others have said, not much here as being rare but in great condition, I would fish them or good start to collecting Bagley's.....some are hard to view in your picture so study "The colors of Bagley" and determine the 1 to 10 rating of each.

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyone29 View Post
    Thank you

+1.... color color color. Ed and Metzler are 100% correct
    __________________________________________________ ______

Just an old hillbilly, barely two generations removed from barefoot.

The next time won't be the first time I've made the same mistake twice.

10. Member
    Van...good to see you back around. Hope you are able to stay awhile my Friend!