Help with 112 terrova

I have a 112 terrova and with the boat setting still I push anchor and it will set there for a few seconds and then the motor will increase to 10 and carry me about 20 to 30 ft away from where I pushed anchor and shut off. Batteries are good and remote battery is good. What could be causing my problem. Thanks

2. Member
    How Old is this Terrova? If it is BT then you can adjust boat scale.

3. Member
    It is a 2014 model

best advice i have is to stop the forward movement then press spot lock, are you sure your not moving 0.8 mph when you hit anchor? if you are the sot you anchored on is 20-30 feet away in a couple seconds
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by markstat View Post
    I have a 112 terrova and with the boat setting still I push anchor and it will set there for a few seconds and then the motor will increase to 10 and carry me about 20 to 30 ft away from where I pushed anchor and shut off. Batteries are good and remote battery is good. What could be causing my problem. Thanks
    You say it moves AWAY from your spot lock ?
    Then totally shuts off it's spot lock function ??

6. Member
    Mine had done that it was the battery in the remote. You said it was good, easiest fix change battery first.

7. Member
    Yes I wasn’t moving cause that was the first thing I made sure of

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    You say it moves AWAY from your spot lock ?
    Then totally shuts off it's spot lock function ??
    Yeah its crazy it may go in any direction and if you don’t pay attention it will sling you out.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOMER View Post
    Mine had done that it was the battery in the remote. You said it was good, easiest fix change battery first.
    Ok thanks I will check that

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    best advice i have is to stop the forward movement then press spot lock, are you sure your not moving 0.8 mph when you hit anchor? if you are the sot you anchored on is 20-30 feet away in a couple seconds
    It may take me to the bank or to middle of river or turn 180.

11. Member
    THIS FIXED MY PROBLEM: I had real trouble with my Terrova spot lock and navigation. I called HB and finally got someone who could help. Two things: I installed a puck with HS and most importantly...HB told me that under the cover of the head, where you have the main red/black power wires, you must twist those around each other...they have an interference issue there that messes up the compass in the head for the lock/navigation functions. Assuming they've fixed that in the new models. My Terrova is from like the second year they made the IPilot Link on them.

Thanks for the update..
    Shouldn't tell this, but hey if you can't laugh at yourself ------------------
    When I took the head off of my first Terrova and saw those twisted wires I thought (Well-- BS) So I proceeded to fix them right.
    Found out later that's the way they're supposed to be..