Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Sweet rig and sweet eck extension.

2. Banned
    awesome!!!

3. Member
    I’m rigging one of these right now to hit the water when it unthaws. Mines got the folding rear bench option to double the size of the rear deck. It doesn’t add storage like that sweet custom insert, but it does get out of the way when needed, and will let me leave some of the pedals seats in the garage and still ride four people easily. It is by far the best aluminum deep V on the market right now if you want a giant front deck and a livewell long enough to revive a 50”+ muskie if you want to stick with a fish-in boat instead of a fish-on boat like the Pro-V bass.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piketroller View Post
    I’m rigging one of these right now to hit the water when it unthaws. Mines got the folding rear bench option to double the size of the rear deck. It doesn’t add storage like that sweet custom insert, but it does get out of the way when needed, and will let me leave some of the pedals seats in the garage and still ride four people easily. It is by far the best aluminum deep V on the market right now if you want a giant front deck and a livewell long enough to revive a 50”+ muskie if you want to stick with a fish-in boat instead of a fish-on boat like the Pro-V bass.
    I agree, best layout and value for money on market.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ210 View Post
    Saw one of these at the ramp and it was sweet. Anyone running one?
    im not, but this may be a sweet deal!

https://www.walleyecentral.com/class...dviewer/213154

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCLII View Post
    im not, but this may be a sweet deal!

https://www.walleyecentral.com/class...dviewer/213154
    If you are looking at the Trophy instead of Competitor, you can save ten grand with this one if you don’t want the kicker or TM right away. https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/b...812932963.html

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piketroller View Post
    If you are looking at the Trophy instead of Competitor, you can save ten grand with this one if you don’t want the kicker or TM right away. https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/b...812932963.html
    nope, not interested. My new ranger 2080 just came in to my dealer. Just thought the trophy was a good buy. Looks like that competitor a good deal also.

8. Member
    the dealer i bought my xb200 has a left over boat like this for with a 250 i believe for 40k..its called starks in praire du chein wisconsin..just thought i would pass it along.

NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST!!!!!!

9. Member
    Awesome
    2016 Alumacraft Competitor 205 and 250 SHO, and a 2000 - 1900 Lund Pro-V, 2002 150 Merc XR6

10. Member
    What kinda speed u get out of the 250? With my growing family the 205 looks awesome. Front deck looks plenty big. Kinda wish the boat had jump seats rather than flip down deck extension, not sure i like that part. But really adds space, just kinda a pain to flip up and down.

11. Member
    I like my flip up/down seats and rear casting platform. Only issue I have is with the pedestal seat mounted on the rear deck with the seats/casting platform down, I cannot raise my motor up most of the way without it hitting the seat. Thought about moving the floor plate, but off to the side are the access lids for live well and battery compartment. Not sure mounting it on the flip up portion of the rear casting platform would be strong enough. Other than that, love my boat.
    AlumiCraft Competitor 185

12. Member
    I run a heavy load, usually all my walleye trolling rods (lead core) and muskie gear. I also have a kicker and crap load of other items adding to my weight.
    My top speed is 55/56 loaded, I usually run 45 - 48 most of the time. When you say you wish it had jump seats, you mean not this type.. correct ?
    jumpseats1.jpgjumpseats2.jpg
    Bowhunter
    2017 Alumacraft Competitor 205 Suzuki DF250, Suzuki 9.9 EFI Kicker, Garmin Network

13. Member
    guess I wish the back deck just had jump seats built in, rather than the flip up/down deck. BUT it does give added space on the rear deck.

14. Member
    I'm not sure what the 205 Trophy series has, but the layout of that boat will give you more room in the cockpit. I prefer the huge front deck with the consoles more amid ship than the 205 Trophy, thus the reason I went with the Competitor. If i'm targeting walleyes or hit lake michigan for salmon, I do pull my drop in deck for more room back there. This rig is perfect for what I want to do.

Good Luck,
    Bowhunter
    2017 Alumacraft Competitor 205 Suzuki DF250, Suzuki 9.9 EFI Kicker, Garmin Network

15. Member

16. Member
    very nice, you'll love the ride...

Congrats..
    Bowhunter

17. Member
    Love my 205 spt. Bow likes to blow around when not fishing out of front but you learn to deal with it. Curious what performance numbers you will see with the Etec. I run a 250 sho with enertia 19p, 57-59.5mph, motor mounted top hole.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12