Spent Labor Day weekend at Lake Lewisville

Went up there to watch a granddaughter play a soccer tournament. No way would I want to put a boat in that madness. Jet fleas all over the place, big a$$ ski boats or cabin cruisers, deck boats galore and a couple of party barges, one big enough to be a ferry boat. Day use area at the park we were in was packed, and the next morning it looked like a trash dump with all the crap people left lying around. Pure craziness. Thoughts and to you guys who live in that area.

I am 1/2mile from a ramp but avoid the lake all summer.

live two blocks from the lake and remember it was Labor Day weekend, lake is not that bad weekdays and plain weekends, i have a bass boat in dry storage and a deck boat parked at a slip at 121, wife and I go on a sunset cruise at lease once a week and bass fish the crap out of it in the spring. As far as people being pigs that's just how it is, we pack all our trash out but that's how I was raised.

4. Member
    It's just like Dallas traffic, you gotta know when to go and when to stay home.

5. Member
    Same here, I live less than two miles from the lake. You have to get on before sunrise and off before 10:30, that's when the show starts lol.

6. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    One to avoid on holidays for sure

I try to avoid all lakes on the 3 major holidays and I live very close to Lewisville. I will not launch on the lake from April until November, too many dumb a$$e$ on the water. There is a reason it is the second most dangerous lake in Texas
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS