Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I remember the recall on my trailer, the notice came with pictures but mine was alright and I wasn't driving two hours just to have a dealer tell me so. It was something to do with a gap under the hitch.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pops slowdog View Post
    Plano marine is still doing business. The only previous boat dealer that sold Champions in the D/ FW area that is still around.
    Fun N Sun was a champ dealer

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    And also Nichols in Longview.....and several OK locations. Longview not terribly far from DFW...

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    What's bad is that both tongues break where the break away cable doesn't come into play, applying brakes.
    Yes sir! As I said it was a wild ride. The only thing that saved me was that the broken end didn't catch something and flip the boat! The trailer I think it was riding the crossbar but so little damage there it's hard to say. Soon as I tapped the brakes it got all loosey-goosey and with a semi right next to me I decided to ride it out until it rolled to a stop.

At first it was
    then

afterwards I was ...

Oh yeah ... then later on

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Nichol's Marine in Longview, Red Wing Boats in Houston and Marine Express in Midland are the Champion dealers I recall in TX. I'm sure there was probably one in San Antonio & the DFW area, but Someone is bound to have the paperwork that tells you how to to fix it. That's what I'm looking for, so I can post it for everyone. So the big question is ... where you fishing?

2007 they must have gone to the swing away, since the 2006 trailers were included in the recall. Mine has the swing away.
    I remember the recall. I think the pictures showed the difference between the swingaway and retractable tongue, and showed how to tell if the retractable was manufactured correctly. I also recall on the swingaway there was a weld issue on the plates holding the two part tongue together. they showed the difference in welds, good vs bad weld. My trailer was not affected. My Fabrique Par/SC trailer was manufactured in January of 2006 and is a swingaway tongue.

The sticker has the trailer rated at 5440lbs GVW, 2720lbs per axle, and is checked as a single axle, but is a dual axle......think they had a few problems back then.

Last edited by Ed R; 09-18-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Nichols is no longer in Longview????

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Nichols is no longer in Longview????

I just googled it, they are still there but now they sell Ranger & Triton.

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I would think they should still have parts/info for Champs....Can't hurt to ask..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123