Thread: Z21 porpoise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lots of variables, if you put an amount of grr somewhere vs somewhere else vs keeping it light vs full as well as no two props are the same until they are worked.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by framer View Post
    is it the norm tohave to play with multiple props ad engine heights when buying a nitro, from a nitro dealer, brand new, factory rigged.?
    Same as any other boat, but I would not call it norm, some setup is required by the owner for any brand. My 2014 came with a Fury but to get better numbers when I used a Tempest. my 2017 Had the up and down oscillation at WOT . I lived with it cause a chop in the steering wheel would take care of it. If I wanted to i could play with it and fix it, but it was not a big deal. My 2019 drives straight without much input.

I don't think its the boat I think it has more to do with the prop, and your load in the boat.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Had a Hydra-sport tunnel hull back in the mid 1980's. The more horsepower you put on the transom, the lower the bow got. Just dating myself. Had an X-16 screwed to the consol. Looking for the new Nitro order to be as advertised...…….. just sayin.

My 2018 Z21 did the same as described, more of a gallop at top end speed. I moved more tackle to the front of the boat and it took care of the problem. I have a 2019 showing up in the next couple of weeks with the new 4 stroke so I'm guessing there will be some trial and era....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12