Thread: PP

PP

I can't figure this one out. While on the water I suddenly can't get one of my PP CM2 Pro Series II poles to go down consistently no matter which controller/phone app I try to use. As soon as I get my boat on dry land everything works as it should with the keyfob, foot switches, dash switch and C-Monster android app. I just don't get it. Didn't start having these issues until I updated the firmware recently. Anybody got an idea?
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

2. Member
    I checked both pumps and the fluid levels are fine and don't look too bad.

Does anyone have an idea? I have tournaments on the Potomac river the next two weekends and really need my poles.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    The Power Pole pump must be picking up some sort of interference. I would suggest contacting Power Pole while on the water. You will be able to run a diag report and email it to them and they will get back to you right away. They will be able to take a look at whats going on.

I know its probably an inconvenience to do it this way however being able to send them a report while experiencing these issues is a big plus.

I would make a call to tech support while out on the lake. Let the technician know about the situation and how your on the water etc. They will watch for the email and give you a call right away.

Power Pole Tech support 813-689-9932 Ext 2

I have seen this happen with CM1.0 however this is the 1st I have heard of CM2.0 having the issue. The CM2.0 units have been extremely solid.

4. Member
    Well, on Saturday the pump went totally out, will just hum even when using the buttons on top of pump. I ran a diagnostic with the app, pole didn't even move. Sent it in and they said to check wires on pump and if they are good to call them and they will send me a new circuit board that they said is probably the problem.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrub View Post
    Well, on Saturday the pump went totally out, will just hum even when using the buttons on top of pump. I ran a diagnostic with the app, pole didn't even move. Sent it in and they said to check wires on pump and if they are good to call them and they will send me a new circuit board that they said is probably the problem.
    board most likely the issue based on what your getting now. let us know how you make out

6. Member
    Is it easy to put a circuit board in myself? They said I could take it to a warranty center to have it done or they would ship me the part

the board is really easy to install if you are mechanical at all. 4 screws on the top of the pp then lift the cover off. Board right underneath.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Is it easy to put a circuit board in myself? They said I could take it to a warranty center to have it done or they would ship me the part
    they will ship it to you simple install pull screws off of top cap pull out board take off ribbon cable put cable on new board slide it into pump reinstall top cap screws and reprogram remotes. 15 min job at most

9. Member
    Was easy to get out. Just unlatched cover, took off the membrane and wiggled the board out of there

10. Member
    Called power pole tech this morning. New pump and circuit board on the way in a couple days. Best customer support out there

11. Member
    New pump and circuit board installed. Reprogrammed C-Monster app and all of the switches on the boat. All is working as it should. Gotta love power-pole.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    New pump and circuit board installed. Reprogrammed C-Monster app and all of the switches on the boat. All is working as it should. Gotta love power-pole.
    they are the best , glad you are up and running again. tight lines