Have You Had Enough Rain Yet?

Man, it has rained and poured and dumped enough water on us for a while .... California has fires ... the East Coast has storms and rain and floods ... now the Gulf Coast is getting hit with tropical storms... and here in Illinois - we just have a pathetic government to deal with.

I'm already sick of the election ads on TV. Think I'll go fishing ....

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

2. Member
    Millions of people still stuck in Hellinois.....Pritzger and Rauner are the only two viable candidates??? We’re doomed! Oh well,as long as Madigan is in charge,we’re doomed anyway.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcf View Post
    Millions of people still stuck in Hellinois.....Pritzger and Rauner are the only two viable candidates??? We’re doomed! Oh well,as long as Madigan is in charge,we’re doomed anyway.

4. Member
    Calling for 4-7" of rain next four days better go fishng or build an ark. The best politicans we have are the ones that .have bridges named after them.(no longer around)

5. Member
    River is just as screwed up as everything else! The tournament I was doing boat captain for the 2 boys was cancelled. I was out several hours today and had one short hit my frog. River mud was backed up half way across Spring lake!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

6. Member
    Looks like it will be a foul weather gear weekend on Springfield this weekend.....
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HOGIE View Post
    Looks like it will be a foul weather gear weekend on Springfield this weekend.....

4"-6" o rain expected through Sunday, along with 20mph winds. Should make for epic conditions for our tourney.
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

Checked this morning and found the river level at 13.6'. It has been a yo-yo year with the water levels - never saw anything like it and can't understand what the Army Corps is trying to accomplish. Sure the weather has been ugly - but that is not that unusual. Meanwhile, I'm certain that the people that depend on river recreation trade and lodging and meals are hurting. I know we have been watching the conditions and and refuse to fight extremes in water levels... up to 15' + and down to 6.5 back up to 13.6' ... good grief!!!

Rip, it stinks that the tournament was cancelled - I know you put a lot of prep time in - --

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

9. Member
    Thanks..... Carter's mother was apologizing for me spending time looking for fish and the tournament gets canceled. Told her that it's never a wasted day with a fishing pole in my hand!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY