Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2080 blew me away

Got the opportunity to fish and drive a 2080 all weekend and I am absoultely blown away. Ive always said I would never own an aluminum bass boat and I'm measuring my garage to see if I can get this boat to fit. I currently own a 2017 Z185 and I thought the 2080 rode just as well all the time and maybe better in some situations. There were no 3 and 4 footers to be found but the wind blew 10-20 and there were plenty of boats out. Lands much softer than my ranger(sounds odd to say an aluminum boat does that) and it was definitely more fun to drive. I also rode in a 1980 and its the same story there too. They are honestly so close to a glass boat but without the price tag. I felt the only real difference was on the trolling motor it wanders a bit more but I personally thought it was negligible. If anybody has any questions post them here or send me a PM.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

2. Member
    Always nice hear real world results from other boat owners. I’m waiting on my 1980 to get built and shipped.

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siuebass0 View Post
    Got the opportunity to fish and drive a 2080 all weekend and I am absoultely blown away. Ive always said I would never own an aluminum bass boat and I'm measuring my garage to see if I can get this boat to fit. I currently own a 2017 Z185 and I thought the 2080 rode just as well all the time and maybe better in some situations. There were no 3 and 4 footers to be found but the wind blew 10-20 and there were plenty of boats out. Lands much softer than my ranger(sounds odd to say an aluminum boat does that) and it was definitely more fun to drive. I also rode in a 1980 and its the same story there too. They are honestly so close to a glass boat but without the price tag. I felt the only real difference was on the trolling motor it wanders a bit more but I personally thought it was negligible. If anybody has any questions post them here or send me a PM.

4. bayousmallie
    Same here waiting on my 1980 c.c.
    Also good to hear about the ride and how it fished in the wind.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    I felt the same way, never thought I would own an aluminum bass boat, but I would have ZERO problems owning one of these and fishing everyday out of it. It will do anything on the water a guy needs. With Spot Lock Trolling Motors and Power Poles, a boat isn't going to ever get to far out of position if the wind is blowing or not!

Thank you for your post on the 2080, I think this is going to be a very popular boat for Vexus!

6. Member
    Earl did u ever get to test one out?

7. Member
    Can you elaborate on the trolling motor comparison.....you were using the ultRex.?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FiremanKen View Post
    Can you elaborate on the trolling motor comparison.....you were using the ultRex.?
    Yes, was using the ultrex. The boat just felt like it wandered a bit more in the wind than my z185. I expected this since we are comparing aluminum to glass. However, it was not anywhere close to as much as I was expecting. The 2080 far exceeded my expectations in every aspect
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Earl did u ever get to test one out?
    Yes I did, and I posted on my original thread about it! Loved it....

10. Member
    What kinda speeds were you getting?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbotaylor View Post
    What kinda speeds were you getting?
    Full gas and tournament load was right around 63 with just me (350#). 2 guys and same load was 60. I think there is more to be had but I could be wrong. It was plenty fast enough!
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

12. Banned
    When walking around the boat while fishing did it seem to be stable or did it rock around?

13. Member
    What was the biggest issue/disappoint you had with the 2080?

14. Banned
    What's it pricing at with a 200hp and an Ultrex???... Dan

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    When walking around the boat while fishing did it seem to be stable or did it rock around?
    Seemed to be just as stable as my Ranger z185, maybe a little more rocking but it's hard to tell unless your in both boats at the same time
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icebound View Post
    What was the biggest issue/disappoint you had with the 2080?
    The only thing I wish it had was a center compartment divider system...of course you can make your own. However, it was kind of nice not having it as well. I would have to play around with and without it and see which way I liked best.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    What's it pricing at with a 200hp and an Ultrex???... Dan
    Definitely varies depending on what graphs and options you want. Head over to the Vexus website and build your own with the options you want, it will give you a price on the spot!
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

The bow looks a little more narrow up front for 20 footers.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammmerhead View Post
    The bow looks a little more narrow up front for 20 footers.
    At the very front it is a little narrower, however it is somewhat deceiving. The rod straps are back a little farther so I felt like I had more room than my current glass boat. It looks narrower in the pictures, I agree. However, I didn't feel that it fished any narrower, I'm a big guy and we had plenty of room for 2 guys on the front deck chunking and winding.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast