Pasquotank River Tips

Fishing the river September 14-15. Never have fished there and wondering if this river is similar to the Chowan River? Would we fish lily pads, wood(cypress tree etc), docks, or a combo. Aleo, where is the best place to stay in Elizabeth City?

Thanks for any info in advance,
    Matt

2. Member
    My club just fished there Aug 18th and 19th. We stayed at a place called North River Campground. Its about 20 mins from Sawyers Creek boat ramp. Not sure where you are putting in but North River is a good place to stay. We dont like staying in Elizabeth City because its real sketchy. As far as the fishing, it wasnt great. We had 11 guys fish and only caught 17 fish in 2 days. It is similar to the Chowan. Alot of cypress trees and wood. Wasnt a whole lot of pads when we were there. As far as running the river, stay in the middle and you will be fine. The banks are where you have to be careful. Alot of stumps and pylons. I found that out the hard way. I like Arneuse Creek. Caught a 6.92 in there last year. The fish just didnt cooperate for us this year. If I can help in any other way, pm me. Dave

3. Member
    Thanks Dave for the info. If you need any info around the Raleigh area just let me know.

Matt

4. Member
    Matt, we go to Jordan in Nov any info you can give on that would be greatly appreciated. Dave

5. Member
    We had a club tournament there in late July. Water temp was in the mid 80's and I found the fish surprisingly shallow. Lucked into a 19# sack with an 8.66# lunker. I was throwing a popping frog BTW. Good Luck

6. Member
    Thanks

7. Member
    It will break your heart because every where you look, it looks like you should catch one. But dont.

8. Banned
    I would surely go with top water also. Pop-r, rico, poping frog, etc.