Mark Twain Lake Classic 2 day open tournament

Hello all,

Long time Bud Light Buddy Bass tournament fisherman. First time Classic 2 day open fisherman. Who's all fishing? I know its out of Spalding ramp, but are they sending out the times with your number? Anything else I need to know? Ive been out of the tournament scene for a few years due to personal reasons, but I always looked forward to this tournament (even though I got my butt handed to me every year)

Thanks,
    Jon G
    Jonathan Graber
    Atlanta, IL

1995 Champion 204 DCX
    1999 Mercury 225 EFI

2. Banned
    I fished it last year and will participate again this year. Launch is out of Spaulding. The weigh in is on the beach. I didn't like that part.
    The "party" is at the Hitchin post.
    If you are looking for a place to stay, The Landing has motel rooms.

3. Member
    I'll be fishing it again this year. I fished the BudLight for over 20 years so am making the transition to the new tournament organizers. Staying at SouthFork resort, like always. Hope it continues to grow!

4. Banned
    Wish they had a better set up for weighing fish. You have to beach the boat and trek across the sand. Had my livewells on and sucked a bunch of sand thru the pumps.

If there was a beer truck on that beach I probably wouldn't bitch

5. Banned
    and things could change drastically with the lake by next week. They are predicting 5 inches of rain by the end of this weekend.

6. Member
    O I'm signed up, just was wanting more info is all. I think I fished the Bud light tournament for 15 years, so this will take some getting use to. We are staying over at Timber Ridge this year.
    Jonathan Graber
    Atlanta, IL

1995 Champion 204 DCX
    1999 Mercury 225 EFI

7. Member
    I received my envelope and we are boat #40. I didn't know about the meeting Friday night, so I hope we can make it over there for it.
    Jonathan Graber
    Atlanta, IL

1995 Champion 204 DCX
    1999 Mercury 225 EFI

8. Member
    I heard McFetridge won again. How did everyone else do? How many boats were in it?

9. Member

10. Banned
    It was tough! Only caught one fish all weekend on plastic. The rest were cranks and chatterbaits

11. Member
    Wow, looks like the "dead sea" won again. Tough place
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Stl View Post
    It was tough! Only caught one fish all weekend on plastic. The rest were cranks and chatterbaits
    Our team caught one the second day that we released without weighing. Caught them pitching plastics since the Chatterbait wasn't producing.

Improvements for next year? 1. A White Board with real-time results like the BudLight used to have. 2. Maybe some attendance prizes to keep people around the weigh in area. 3. Maybe a couple free beer tickets the second day 4. Get people to bag fish while they are in the line with their truck/boat.

Overall- tremendous improvement from their inaugural tournament and a well run tournament to continue this tradition! I plan to continue to fish it despite the typical Twain conditions.

13. Member
    We caught fish all weekend, but typical Twain all shorts. I can say it was the first time I've ever caught fish on top water on Mark Twain lake EVER. The water was as clear as I've ever seen it there.

I agree with a few changes, White board would be nice. Plus a way to still go to the weigh in without having to drive through the line if you are not weighing in fish. It almost felt like the drive of shame lol.

I look at fishing it again next year, just because its always a good time.
    Jonathan Graber
    Atlanta, IL

1995 Champion 204 DCX
    1999 Mercury 225 EFI