Thread: Kahr PM40

Kahr PM40

Anyone have any experience with this gun? I have had the CM9 and PM9 in the past and loved them, but sold them off to fund other stuff. Buds has the PM40 with night sights for 332.00 which is the cm price. I ordered one at that price. I am sure recoil will be stout but I am not recoil sensitive.

2. Member

USA

Every firearm is different. I have fired some 9's that seemed to kick more than some .45's. Just hold on and enjoy.

3. Member
    I had one for awhile and got rid of it. Great carry gun due to being very slim. It kicked like a mule but the reason I got rid of it was the small wire clip that held the slide release pin. If you installed it incorrectly (and it was very easy to do) it would lock the slide back after every round. Very small wire and if installed incorrectly after breaking it down, it bent very easily. Other than that it's a great gun
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

4. Member
    I had one for a while. It was okay but that's about it, just okay. Traded it off long ago.

5. Joe4d
    had one traded it. Wasnt impressed with the flimsy springs and long trigger. Gun also had occasional failure to feed.
    Really kinda an obsolete design , better mousetraps out there.

Yea I understand the long trigger is not for everyone and had some issues with it on the CM/PM9. I am curious why do you say it is an obsolete design? I have not found anything in 9mm or 40cal that will fit in my pocket better.

7. Joe4d
    Long trigger and Long reset. I feel the M&P, Ruger LCP9s pro, XD's and glocks are far superior designs with much better as well as tune able triggers. I imagine Sigs are good products as well. Although no personal experience with anything but the 226. My Kahr was a P 40, had to look that up, I woulda liked the PM even less, especially in a 40 Id want all my fingers on the gun. Also IIRC the Kahr had octoganal rifling, and I shot lots of cast bullets so didnt work for me. Nowadays with the new coated hardcast that wouldnt matter.

Yeah I follow what you are saying. I was specifically looking for a pocket gun. I have an LC9s but it is too large for pocket carry for me. The XDS was also too large for pocket carry. I am not a 380 fan at all so that knocks out a lot of the pocket guns for me.

9. Member
    My everyday carry for years carry in back pocket year round very accurate. Not old fashion!
    2016 Lowe FS 1710
    2016 Mercury Pro XS 115

I carried the PM9 for a few years now I carry the Glock 43. I don't know what it was but to me the PM9 was a difficult pistol to get use to shooting

I regularly carry and shoot the CW40. It has been flawless with every ammo I have tried...which is a bunch. When I bought it, I remember reading that it needed 200 rounds through it as a break-in period. I like my Kahr!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

So I was able to make it to the range and shoot it. I was really impressed with this little gun. Recoil was nowhere near what I was expecting and it is accurate. All in a package that easily fits in my pocket. I got it with night sights through Buds for under 375 with transfer fees. Other places had for sale for almost 600 when I got this one.

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Kahn’s are great guns, just have to see how it fits your hand and how it handles.
    Buy it right so if it’s notforyou you can get your money back.

14. Member
    I'm a little late to this party, but I own a PM 40 and love it. The reason I chose Kahr was the quality and it fits me very well. I also own a K 40 and a P 380. Just depends on what I'm wearing as to what I'm carrying. It did take some ammo to get them broke in and loosened up some. And yes, the PM 40 does buck a bit.