Thread: McGee Creek?

Question McGee Creek?

Anyone fish McGee regularly? My wife and I stopped by on our way home from Broken Bow and was rather surprised with it. Not at all what I was expecting, with the deep channels and clear water.
    My question- does it still kick out big fish on a regular basis or has it turned into a numbers lake? We caught a crap-ton of little spots and largies but never had a fish over 14".
    Beautiful lake and we had fun but was just disappointed we couldn't find a few good ones.

2. Member
    It still puts out big fish. Chuck Justice is a fishing guide on the lake and he is regularly posting pictures with clients holding 8+ pound bass. Many double digit bass each year as well.

If I had to pick one Oklahoma lake to fish from now on, I believe it would be McGee Creek. I just wish it was 100 miles closer to my house...or the other way around would be okay too.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

4. Member

I caught my PB twice last year and here is a few more from last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm definitely going to have to visit that beautiful lake again. I've been on other bodies of water in which there are times in which it seems they are overrun with dinks and that may have been the case when we were there. Between the schooling activity and the view of my sonars, the lake has a stupid number of fish in it which is surprising considering how pretty the water was. My wife was ready to spend a weekend there in the future just from what we saw in a few hours.
    Thanks guys.

6. Member
    Been down there twice and both times caught one that was over 8 (8.07) or pushing 8 (didn't get to weigh it). Both times were in April, and those two fish had definitely already spawned.

There are some really good fish in there.

7. Member
    I’ve caught a lot of mine in late April early June and most are spawned out.