Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

30 promax impresses me today

For the family weekend had in laws in town....

Had 8 aboard, 4 adults, 4 children and gear for the day and it nosed right over and planed out.. empties the boat then banged out 90.7....

Versatility or what?

2. Member
    Nice. I'm sure there's more in it.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

3. Member
    Yup still had plenty of water pressure... was satisfied with family on the beach didn’t want to push

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    For the family weekend had in laws in town....

Had 8 aboard, 4 adults, 4 children and gear for the day and it nosed right over and planed out.. empties the boat then banged out 90.7....

Versatility or what?
    How do you put 8 people in an Allison?

Yep, my fastest prop to date.
    Brad Luchsinger

2003 Allison XB-21 BasSport 2+2
    2004 Mercury Racing 250XS

1998 Xpress X70
    1998 Yamaha Vmax 150 TRP

2002 Triton 200XP

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish123 View Post
    How do you put 8 people in an Allison?

I have a 2+2 with a raised rear bench, and the kids were between 3 and 7 so they were small..... for sure 8 adults would not work, with adults 6 are possible, 7 if you allow one on the front step. For sure you have to lower the motor and take it easy, but the 21s are load hauling machines

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    I have a 2+2 with a raised rear bench, and the kids were between 3 and 7 so they were small..... for sure 8 adults would not work, with adults 6 are possible, 7 if you allow one on the front step. For sure you have to lower the motor and take it easy, but the 21s are load hauling machines
    Legally, how many people, or how much weight can you put in it?

8. Member
    I don’t know. There isn’t a rating plate that says. Only has the recommended hp of 135-200

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish123 View Post
    Legally, how many people, or how much weight can you put in it?
    Legally, boats longer that 20' are not required to have USCG rating plates at all. Just FYI.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    Legally, boats longer that 20' are not required to have USCG rating plates at all. Just FYI.
    So, does that mean if you have 8-10 people in an Allison that the "water police" will have no right to issue you a citation for being overloaded?

Wow. Lots of love going on here. I had the chance to run with Nathan this week. He is an extremely safe driver. I’m sure he was balanced and loaded correctly.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

12. Member
    [QUOTE=River Rocket;9633091]Wow. Lots of love going on here. I had the chance to run with Nathan this week. He is an extremely safe driver. I’m sure he was balanced and loaded correctly.[/QUOTE

Not sure what this is about. I have always had a lot of respect for Nathan and nothing has changed that. Seeking information only.

13. Member
    On my boat the registration says capacity is OR. Owner responsibility. There is no capacity information on the placard in the boat. So the way I understand it if I have a life jacket for 10 people then yes I can have 10 people in it and not get a ticket.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    On my boat the registration says capacity is OR. Owner responsibility. There is no capacity information on the placard in the boat. So the way I understand it if I have a life jacket for 10 people then yes I can have 10 people in it and not get a ticket.
    Thanks for the info.

15. Member
    Nathan have you had any work done to your 30 promax? What do you run as far as PVS plugs? I got one on my boat and the hole shot is horrible. I have tried so many combinations of plugs and the plastic spacer ring it diving me nuts. Either it’s too blocked off and won’t get on plane or it’s blowing out and surging 15 to 20 seconds to get on plane.

16. Member
    Kevin. He has a 250 as well...
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

17. Member
    Yeah I know that.

18. Member
    My prop has been tightened up/blueprinted by Matt Lahte at performance propeller.

I have 10" setback, which I think gives better holeshot over 8"

I do run a foil that I have trimmed considerably in order to not feel it in rough water

My batteries are forward portion back compartments

Most gear is loaded forward as the promax prop has a tremendous amount of lift, too much to run with the load rearward biased

I believe I run 2 holes open, 2 closed and aim for it to vent approx 5000-5200 on initial spool up... any more and it wants to blow out, any less and these is s slight bog...

the foil addition is what allowed it to be tuned the most...

19. Member
    I had a 28 promax. 2 holes plugged with solids and two holes open and I thought it came out good. But no top end and high RPM I bought this 30 and if you set it up the same way it won’t get on plane.

Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    I had a 28 promax. 2 holes plugged with solids and two holes open and I thought it came out good. But no top end and high RPM I bought this 30 and if you set it up the same way it won’t get on plane.
    Just a question for you...are you power poles mounted as high as the brackets allow? I do not run them but had a little time helping a friend test to see how moving them up made a noticeable difference in holeshot. If they are dragging to much that can cause the prop to "turn loose" and not bite on holeshot. I can't remember if you are running a planning foil or wedges?
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast