Thread: 94 PII bass cat

94 PII bass cat

I have a 94 PII bass cat that I just put a 98 Yamaha 200 hp 0x 066 Vmax. I set the boat up at 3.5" PTP running a 25P solas 4 blade right now. Hole shot was pretty descent at 3100 on break over. top speed was 62.7 at 5300 rpm. I have bought a new tach as I think that mine is not reading right. need some help figuring out what I need to do to make it run right.
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!

Raise the motor up some more. 3.25" ( had to re measure old setting and it was low) ran today by myself and got 66.7 .
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!

Matt. Does the new motor have low water pickups on it?
    Just keep an eye on your water pressure at top end

These engines need the Yamaha Pro Series propeller to run. The Solas is a dependable wheel, though not the Yamaha.

Ok thanks for the info. Luke my water pressure is running running 15-18 psi top end.

Well ran 3 different props today.
    Frist was a 25 fury. 5300 RPM 67.8 GPS
    Second 25 Tempest 5900 68.7 Prop needs work.
    Thrid is a 25 4 blade solas 64.5 5700
    All the props were ran at 3.5 PTP

7. Member
    I have an 07 200 HPDI on my 94 PII and run a 25P Tempest that could use some work as well. I run 70 loaded with a passenger. I've had it to 72 by myself and there was more left in it but it got pretty hairy and I've got some learning to do to be able to drive it. My PTP is 3 1/4" and water pressure is fine. I would suggest having the Tempest worked and raise it to 3 1/4" and see how that works.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    These engines need the Yamaha Pro Series propeller to run. The Solas is a dependable wheel, though not the Yamaha.
    Been my experience pro series are slower than tempest out of the hole. Seeing that a P2 isn't known to get on pad in short order, how is the holeshot?

hole shot was really good with the fury not bad with the solas but the tempest will blow out if you keep your foot in it.

Working on running the boat again to see what kinda # I can get.