Thread: 273 dash panel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

273 dash panel

Anyone know where I can find dash panels for a 1998 stratos 273? Just picked one up that im going to have to put alot of work into, seats, carpets, etc. The dash panel on the drivers side is in pretty bad shape as well. Any help is much appreciated

C&O had some at one time. They were wood grain but can be painted. Call and ask for Carol. Post here if they still have some. I had my seats redone. They fit the boat better then what you will find to replace them with. Carpet will be a chore but can be done. I redid mine in 16 and cost me around $500 for everything I needed.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

3. Member
    Thanks, Ill give them a call tomorrow. I thought about trying to recover the seats but theyre missing quite a bit of foam and i dont know how theyll turn out. I started working on the carpet yesterday, got most everything pulled out, still have some scraping to do. Going to work on some electrical issues and running new wires for everything while all the lids are pulled off. Taking lots of pics as i go and plan to post them here when its all done.

If I can be of any help let me know. Scraping was a real pain. Acetone will help some with the glue residue. Keep the old carpet for a template, will make the job a lot easier.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

5. Member
    Got all the lids scraped this morning, unfortunately most of the old carpet was already gone or shredded, and the drive from texas to kansas after i got it took care of the rest.

6. Member
    Good luck - I picked up a 98 273 a week ago. Prev Owner did new carpet about a year ago - then parked it under a pecan tree for a period of time. Cleaning it up is on the short list.

My seats are fried - have been debating what path I want to take with them as well.

I'm looking for a replacement piece where the ignition switch mounts - if you see one, let me know - otherwise I'm going to fab one out of 1/4" ABS.

I spent most of the day installing a recessed trolling motor tray. It's a bigger task than some of the internet writeups make it seem to be due to how the foam is under those decks - upwards of 10" thick where the pan needs to go.

7. Member
    That sounds promising. My tm tray will be here friday.... gonna spend the next day or two running wires and switched while everything is still out. I still have to pull carpet from the floor, thats pretty much the only place it is still holding on, the rest is prepped to get new carpet, just waiting to put the tm tray in before i do carpet

8. Member
    Make sure you're 100% centered when cutting for your tray. Despite my best efforts, my cut lined up not quite .25" offset to starboard and the front corner just grazed a support stringer that must run fore/aft down the deck. Also barely rubbed stringer running across the bow up close to the front edge.

Wasn't a big deal, just had to make sure brushed some fiberglass resin on it to seal it back up.

Drainage for whatever tray you use is pretty simple - just make a hole all the way through the foam and you'll find about 4" between it and the hull. The drain hose for the front pedestal comes out in about that same area.

Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Jesus, i had no idea there was that much foam up there. Thanks for the pics, thatll help out alot. My order for my tray got cancelled so ill have to reorder that. Just about finished putting carpet on lids now, that has been a colossal pain in the rear.

10. Member
    Yeah - I dug out about 4" for the TM tray, and there's at least another 3" under that when I dug thru for the drain hole.

I'm chasing some electrical issues right now before I install my graphs, but my next big addition will be a support strut on the rod locker at least. That thing slams shut so hard I'm afraid it's going to take a hand off if I'm not careful.

11. Member
    Yeah - I dug out about 4" for the TM tray, and there's at least another 3" under that when I dug thru for the drain hole.

I'm chasing some electrical issues right now before I install my graphs, but my next big addition will be a support strut on the rod locker at least. That thing slams shut so hard I'm afraid it's going to take a hand off if I'm not careful.

Also - Carol @ C&O did have a replacement trim piece for my ignition switch. They only had the ones with a red pinstripe around the edge, mine was blue, but I'm not that picky.

12. Member
    I just got all 4 inserts for console dash and for the front dash on my Stratos 22SS Extreme (2001).
    Got them from Parts Mom Carol at C and O Marine. She is the best for these older parts.

13. Member
    Haven't posted in a bit, but still making progress. I'm gonna stick the motor on today and while I've got it out of the garage try to get some pics and upload. Should be finishing up most of the major work this week and weekend.

14. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    keep us posted...

15. Member
    Screenshot_20180902-185539_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20180902-185539_Facebook.jpg
    Been taking a bit of a break lately, but ive got the motor on and running, have to redo carpet on the rod locker. Hoping to get it on the water this weekend! Have a before pic and a current one

16. Member
    Can't seem to get the current pic to post, need to resize it, but I'll get it up here

17. Member
    20180921_194851~02.jpg
    Heres the current pic, just have a few small details to finish up

18. Banned
    I recently replaced the carbon that holds gauges in my dash. Cut it myself and it came out nice. I will try to post pics.

19. Member
    finally got my dash tidied up a bit. Made a backing/filler plate out of .25" ABS sheet, and it overlaps the fiberglass lip behind the dash by top and bottom. That way I was able to through bolt it with the OEM screw holes, and sandwich it all in tight and solid.

Added a short RAM mount for my 7" garmin

Looking at it installed, I can still see my tach - at least the important half.

Unfortunately, I sat there with a drill in hand to mount my transom transducer and just couldn't commit to an install point. I have a separate thread around here for that - the steps in the rear of this boat have me confuzzled.

Anyone know where I can grab a replacement steering wheel center that would snap in properly? It's a teleflex steering system in the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

20. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Looks great...if you really want to get creative then make a whole new dash panel plate. Do away with the speedometer because it is about useless. Move the tachometer over and down slightly. This should get almost all of it in view. Then put the trim over next to the water pressure gauge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast