Thread: 273 dash panel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Looks great...if you really want to get creative then make a whole new dash panel plate. Do away with the speedometer because it is about useless. Move the tachometer over and down slightly. This should get almost all of it in view. Then put the trim over next to the water pressure gauge.
    I thought about that, but the ability to sandwich it in is what I think adds a bunch of strength, and I didn't have enough ABS to make all of that happen. I'm removing the speedo and installing a radio in that opening for non-fishing/family days on the water. Something like this:

Great idea...on the plate at the bottom it looks like you're missing the voltmeter. If it's possible move all the small gauges down there. Then move the radio and tachometer over so you can see them better. I love threads like this...please keep posting pictures when you do something

3. Member
    No, that hole was where the system check gauge goes. I had to replace the one that came w the boat, and hadn't reinstalled the new one yet. I'm almost done with my gremlin chasing, time to get on the fall bite in the 2 weeks of "fall" we usually get in Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky View Post
    I thought about that, but the ability to sandwich it in is what I think adds a bunch of strength, and I didn't have enough ABS to make all of that happen. I'm removing the speedo and installing a radio in that opening for non-fishing/family days on the water. Something like this:
    Go with the JBL PRV 175. I have one and its a great quality unit.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

5. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....904&highlight=

I bought that one, coupled with an amp and polks in my last Stratos. Sounded great, I miss it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12