Thread: It’s tuff...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It’s tuff...

It’s tuff out there ... couple weeks ago the fishing was great now it’s changing slowly into fall and marking deep Fish..weeds are disappearing.. along with the fish and that beautiful south wind..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

2. Member
    You on Oneida ?

3. Member
    Pretty soon if it hasn’t already happened those chandeliers will be flying through the air

4. Member
    No did Onondaga .. doing Oneida in the morn might be too windy..

Mercury Pro Team

250 Opti Max Pro XS

5. Member
    Hmmmm, got me thinking, I was going to either Onondaga or Conesus in the AM then on to Oneida. Might have to switch to Sodus then Oneida.

6. Member
    There calling for south .... south west wind 10-15 on Oneida .. south shore might be ok.. have to see

Mercury Pro Team

250 Opti Max Pro XS

7. Member
    Yes, was going to go out of Oneida shores.

8. Member
    Was thinking going out the DEC launch of tr 31 in Lakeport..

Mercury Pro Team

250 Opti Max Pro XS

9. Member
    Sodus kicked my butt Friday when I took my 12 yr old with me. But Cayuga played nice on Saturday morning with a decent top water bite
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator
    2000 Johnson 150hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 Si
    Humminbird Helix 5 sonar
    Bonifide SS127

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Fished Onondaga on the 2nd was a tough bite could only manage 15 pounds and had to really work for it.

11. Member
    I got yanked to the fair yesterday and saw a couple boats out floating around while on the bus. I've never fishing there either was always told it was a dirty lake.
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator
    2000 Johnson 150hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 Si
    Humminbird Helix 5 sonar
    Bonifide SS127

12. Member
    Not what I wanted to hear... have a tournament there Saturday and Onondaga is the one lake that I can’t figure out. Looks like I’ll be donating my money this time
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

13. Member
    Did Onondaga also.. got the same . Will be out again this weekend.. might be looking at the river.

Mercury Pro Team

250 Opti Max Pro XS

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    Did Onondaga also.. got the same . Will be out again this weekend.. might be looking at the river.
    some good river spots may be the ticket, my main lake stuff was off.. and the weeds seem to be going fast..

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by verno769 View Post
    I got yanked to the fair yesterday and saw a couple boats out floating around while on the bus. I've never fishing there either was always told it was a dirty lake.
    yes , dirty dirty lake dont go there..leave it for the rest of us.. lol

16. Member
    Someone has to have some fun.. ... yes a lot as weeds are going fast .. time to dig deep.....on the north end

Mercury Pro Team

250 Opti Max Pro XS

17. Member
    Just got done with a tournament on Onondaga today. Winning weight was just over 15. Isucked bad and only had 8lbs. The grass is pretty much nonexistent in the lake but the cheese still is green underneath in the river. The most interesting start to the morning was when a club from Pennsylvania decided to show up and launch without a permit even though our club was told we either can go today or not at all since there was no other permit dates available when we requested them back in March.. When we asked the park ranger about it he just sighed and said more clubs are coming from Pennsylvania not getting a permit and pass it off as just a group of ten or more guys with boats showed up to fish convieniently at the same time. So just a heads up, they are going to start turning away clubs if you don’t have a permit because they said it’s getting out of hand
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

18. Member
    Yah... I was out there today also... wondering why the ranger had us parking along the lake side of the lot in the grass.. the day wasn’t bad end about 13# with a 4# 9 oz ..LM... I was just out having fun .

Mercury Pro Team

250 Opti Max Pro XS

19. Member
    Got up to Oneida Thursday mid-morning and fished a few hours. Stayed in the river mostly only caught a few, nothing to brag about (biggest LM about 2.5) off the 11 Bridge. Headed in around 3p to rest up for the Eagles game.

Started Friday late morning and ended early afternoon, things weren't just working out so called it an early day. Ill chalk it up to too many beers during the game.....

Went back out 7am Saturday morning and had a great day of top water and chatterbait fishing for about 7 hours. We didn't catch any pigs, all fish under 3#, but we did catch about 20 bass, shit ton of pike/pickerel. All were caught west of the islands on the north side shoals and the grass flats on the south side between the ramp and the island.

We talked to a few guys and they didn't seem to be fairing too well. We fished against another boat that came up with us and they only managed (1) 12oz LM on Saturday. I was happy, partner and I got a free lunch out of it.

I will call it a positive trip, I wasn't working on the rails in 100deg weather, away from home and caught a few fish.

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy10 View Post
    Got up to Oneida Thursday mid-morning and fished a few hours. Stayed in the river mostly only caught a few, nothing to brag about (biggest LM about 2.5) off the 11 Bridge. Headed in around 3p to rest up for the Eagles game.

Started Friday late morning and ended early afternoon, things weren't just working out so called it an early day. Ill chalk it up to too many beers during the game.....

Went back out 7am Saturday morning and had a great day of top water and chatterbait fishing for about 7 hours. We didn't catch any pigs, all fish under 3#, but we did catch about 20 bass, shit ton of pike/pickerel. All were caught west of the islands on the north side shoals and the grass flats on the south side between the ramp and the island.

We talked to a few guys and they didn't seem to be fairing too well. We fished against another boat that came up with us and they only managed (1) 12oz LM on Saturday. I was happy, partner and I got a free lunch out of it.

I will call it a positive trip, I wasn't working on the rails in 100deg weather, away from home and caught a few fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast