Thread: It’s tuff...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    ECobb91 I was with that PA group, we always call NY and get permits when needed. We had 4 boats and 5 guys. We were told we did not need any with that small amount, so do not blame us. We took up 4 spots in the parking lot, that is all. We found out what time that tourney was weighing in and we came in a half hour after you guys to give you room to get out of the water. Please do not act like we were in the way of anything you had going on. If that is the case you may just want to shut ramps down for your events only. I'm sorry the fishing in PA is not what it is in NY and we like to visit your state. I assure you our club does everything required when we come to NY.

2. Member
    New York didn't want some ones money that's a new one.
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator
    2000 Johnson 150hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 Si
    Humminbird Helix 5 sonar
    Bonifide SS127

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcuts9 View Post
    ECobb91 I was with that PA group, we always call NY and get permits when needed. We had 4 boats and 5 guys. We were told we did not need any with that small amount, so do not blame us. We took up 4 spots in the parking lot, that is all. We found out what time that tourney was weighing in and we came in a half hour after you guys to give you room to get out of the water. Please do not act like we were in the way of anything you had going on. If that is the case you may just want to shut ramps down for your events only. I'm sorry the fishing in PA is not what it is in NY and we like to visit your state. I assure you our club does everything required when we come to NY.
    Hey man just saying what the ramp steward was telling our club president since our club has been denied permits if another tournament is taking place at the same location.Just simply said the ramp steward has had issues with clubs (most from PA, his words not mine) not getting permits so it screws other clubs over (again his words not mine). You guys were not in the way nor did I say that or hint at it my other post so don’t take offense and if anything we were in the way of you guys taking out because my club is slow as balls pulling boats out. PA guys are usually a lot more courteous then the NY fisherman anyways.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

I find the issue interesting, are these non permitted clubs having weigh in at the ramp? Reason I ask I get together with 4-6 boats, and we all have a buddy, we are just a group fishing together as life long friends, do we have to pull a permit? We have done this for 30+ Years. We go some where 2-3 times a year, get a house and fish. We buy our out of state license to fish, should we be denied to fish? Note I am a NY, property owner, but live out of state now, because of work.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I find the issue interesting, are these non permitted clubs having weigh in at the ramp? Reason I ask I get together with 4-6 boats, and we all have a buddy, we are just a group fishing together as life long friends, do we have to pull a permit? We have done this for 30+ Years. We go some where 2-3 times a year, get a house and fish. We buy our out of state license to fish, should we be denied to fish? Note I am a NY, property owner, but live out of state now, because of work.
    Temporary Revocable Permit Policy

An Expedited TRP may be issued only for the following activities:
    • non-competitive event or activity when the group size involves 21 to 50 individuals (no permit is required for non-competitive events or activities of 20 individuals or less);
    • fishing tournaments when the group size involves 21 to 50 individuals (no permit is required for fishing tournament of 20 individuals or less)
    • Routine TRPs may be issued for the following activities:

• non-competitive event or activity when the group size involves 51 to 100 individuals;
      • fishing tournaments with over 50 individuals;

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Temporary Revocable Permit Policy

An Expedited TRP may be issued only for the following activities:
    • non-competitive event or activity when the group size involves 21 to 50 individuals (no permit is required for non-competitive events or activities of 20 individuals or less);
    • fishing tournaments when the group size involves 21 to 50 individuals (no permit is required for fishing tournament of 20 individuals or less)
    • Routine TRPs may be issued for the following activities:

• non-competitive event or activity when the group size involves 51 to 100 individuals;
      • fishing tournaments with over 50 individuals;
    Thanks!
    Then what we do is fine. As a note we get a really cool log cabin in Hague on top the mountain, for TI and George...plenty boat parking and sleeps all.

Looks like many clubs could have tournys if the were under 20 people without a permit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12