Has anyone fished Lake Garcia lately?

Thinking about trekking up there tomorrow, wanted to know how the bite has been.

2. Banned
    Last month, it had so much vegetation that it was darn tough to get around. I will not bother with it until this winter.

I fished there last weekend. Lots of hyacinth out there. Couldn’t get to the pit when I was there but that can change with a different wind direction. Caught a pile of fish though. Spinnerbait, horny toad, Keitech on an Owner Flashy Swimmer, and punching all produced fish up to about four pounds.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Last month, it had so much vegetation that it was darn tough to get around. I will not bother with it until this winter.
    Well thats what that lake is all about and why there is such good numbers of fish there, they could nuke it into a stinking mudhole so its easy to get around but you wont catch many fish. Old school Florida fishing is not for the faint of heart, if people want weed free waterways they need to move.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    Well thats what that lake is all about and why there is such good numbers of fish there, they could nuke it into a stinking mudhole so its easy to get around but you wont catch many fish. Old school Florida fishing is not for the faint of heart, if people want weed free waterways they need to move.
    THIS ^^

6. Member
    Well I guess I’m hitting Garcia this weekend then! The wind from this system this past Monday probably swished the lake around