Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator

BFL / Dale Hollow Lodging

I know the schedule isn't out for the Mountain yet but its been the same the past few years. What do you guys do for lodging for the first two? I would love to fish these but the lodging cost is really high. Most places nearby require two nights. I can usually get down on Friday but time is not guaranteed. So I hate to try and find a travel partner when I will not be reliable with when I can go. I know a lot of people rent places in groups but most also come down for 2 nights. I just can't do that.

The truck camping thread got me to thinking about stuff like that. We have a fifth wheel camper so I have hitch rails in my bed and don't have a bed topper.

Are there other options (clean and safe) that I am missing? Just trying to get ahead of the game.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

airbnb.com

I have friend who remodeled his basement and moved into it. He has his upstairs fully furnished and rents it by the day on air b and b. The price is pretty close that what a decent hotel cost but your staying in a spacious house. You have a washer/dryer, refrigerator, stove, full kitchen. It's really like staying at home because after all you are in a house. He is about 12 miles from Barren River Lake and frequently has lake goers stay at his house. He has a double wide carport with electric hookup so this appeals to people with boats. I am sure there is something like this close to Dale Hollow. Renting a home on air b and b is becoming more popular. If you follow BASS or FLW this is how several of the pro's travel. 2-3 go together and rent a house for a week and split the cost. They have a lot more room than a camper and none of the camper hassle. Plus they can keep a more secure watch on their rigs verses staying in a hotel/motel.
    Last edited by JR19; 09-02-2018 at 01:31 PM.

3. Member
    Always stay at state park lodge. Heard a rumor first tourny is going to be at Cumberland this year, switching it up, don’t know if that is true or not.

4. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by paddleboat View Post
    Always stay at state park lodge. Heard a rumor first tourny is going to be at Cumberland this year, switching it up, don’t know if that is true or not.
    Do you run by boat to take off at star point? That's close to an hour drive by truck isn't it? Guess that's better than 3 from my house to there.

5. Member
    Look into the truck bed tents. Don't appear to be hard to setup or take down. Heck some even take AC units with them. I'm considering it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude520 View Post
    Do you run by boat to take off at star point? That's close to an hour drive by truck isn't it? Guess that's better than 3 from my house to there.
    I’m not the guy you’re replying to, but that’s what everyone I know does that stays at the state park.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Look into the truck bed tents. Don't appear to be hard to setup or take down. Heck some even take AC units with them. I'm considering it.
    I’ve thought of that as a co angler, but that first tournament and typically the second are way too cold for me to sleep in the bed of my truck.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    I’ve thought of that as a co angler, but that first tournament and typically the second are way too cold for me to sleep in the bed of my truck.
    Well if you were at a campsite with electric you could have heat.

But yeah I understand its not ideal.

I heard there having the first one in February on dale and moving the super tournament back to Cherokee next year. Don’t know how true that is but what I heard.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude520 View Post
    Yes, boat over takes about 10 min.