Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

USA Bassin 2019-2020 changes

For those of you who fish USA Bassin and who haven’t seen this yet I am attaching a link below. Thoughts?

http://www.usabassin.com/modules.php...ticle&sid=1393

2. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    I like moving the classic to a lake that doesn't have a division. Kudos to them for trying to make it better for the anglers.

I have no dog in this fight but from an outsider looking in I like all the changes except for 1...can't fish in any classic event title if you won 3 in the last 10 years. There is no need for me to be politically correct here so I will just be blunt. USA Bassin went to the extreme to make sure Meunier/Heckel do not hurt the feelings of anglers that can't handle their reign of domination. People can debate many reason why it was moved from KY Lake (carp,taxes,locals,repeat winners)but only a blind person would not see they were part of the reason. I know neither one of these guys nor do I have any association with them. I do like keeping up with results from bass tournaments so this is the only way I know those names.

The 30 day off limit is not that bad.
    No guides allowed from the lake your fishing should be on any tournament that pays enough to win thousands of $

The no division on the lake I understand but that is a little extreme as well. But a serious bass fisherman who fishes tournaments and is local to the lake will just go down the road and qualify at another lake. What's going to be funny is when a "local" still wins. I suppose USA will have to change it so your prohibited from fishing if you live within 50 miles of the lake. I have no problems with rules that have a clear intent to level the playing field for everyone, but rules that single out people and restrict them are just plain wrong.

4. Member
    about right Gene.Pick up your game or get out of it.lol..I did the latter.Funny thing is just
    like back when i fished renegade people complained about Beauchamp&Long and
    Gary & Donnie stinson beating everyones ass like a drum.Funny thing the ones
    bitching were never in contention anyway even if those guys stayed home.
    local or not it takes an incredible amount of homework and time to be that
    consistent.with todays technology and ease of info i really don't see the rules
    leveling much.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I have no problems with rules that have a clear intent to level the playing field for everyone, but rules that single out people and restrict them are just plain wrong.
    Seen this happen before and I agree with you Gene

6. Member
    They should of moved the classic to a different lake every couple of years. I think lake Cumberland would be a good place. Probably easier said than done.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 929nitro View Post
    They should of moved the classic to a different lake every couple of years. I think lake Cumberland would be a good place. Probably easier said than done.
    It usely has a lot to do with the money tours committee wants to put up and how years they sign for.

8. Member
    Part of the move is due to the same guys winning. They have one the lucus oil tournament three times and the classic three times. I say good job to them and that just makes me want to beat them that much more. There where a lot of fishermen and directors complaining about them. It sounds to me these guys need to practice more.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

Bottom line: main reason for this move is $. Sorry the people in office in Marshall County Ky didn’t feel like it was worth their while to try and keep these tournaments in their area and some in Dayton Tn can see the benefits to their local economy. As for the other changes, I think there are being put in place to try and help to keep as level a playing field as possible.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 59tomitriton View Post
    Bottom line: main reason for this move is $. Sorry the people in office in Marshall County Ky didn’t feel like it was worth their while to try and keep these tournaments in their area and some in Dayton Tn can see the benefits to their local economy. As for the other changes, I think there are being put in place to try and help to keep as level a playing field as possible.
    Yes sir, a few years back that was the same reason NTBA left ky lake and went Cumberland and Barren cause they put more money up then Marshall co. did.

11. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I think we can all agree there is multiple reasons why this event was moved. In no particular order of importance it was more than likely carp, taxes, local domination, repeat winners and anglers who voiced their opinion to get it move for various other reasons. I think to point out one reason and say that is the reason is not accurate. It was more like a perfect storm that came together.
    Last edited by JR19; 09-03-2018 at 10:23 AM.

12. Banned
    The previous champions rule is a bunch of BS. If you can't beat the guys winning you shouldn't have to put a rule in place to keep them from fishing. You just need to pull up your pants and practice more, bet better or stay at home.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TR21Bassin View Post
    The previous champions rule is a bunch of BS. If you can't beat the guys winning you shouldn't have to put a rule in place to keep them from fishing. You just need to pull up your pants and practice more, bet better or stay at home.
    Agree with this. That rule is completely absurd. Punishing someone that has crafted their skill and put time into learning lakes get punished for being good. Craziest thing I've ever heard.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

14. Member
    Amen to that.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

15. Member
    I agree with this 100% and ive been beat by them every year. The USA Bassin sets up their parameters to keep "pros" from fishing their circuit and imo if you meet them you should be allowed to fish no matter how many times you win. Im sure we'll see the same thing at Chick and any other lake you go to, certain teams are always tough to beat at certain times of the year
    They aint got hands, set the hook

I think the change of venue was long overdue. First, they shouldn't be holding their championship week on the same lake that they have a regular division tournaments. Second, not a huge fan of the new rules of the amount wins you can have. I do understand the reasoning behind them though. I don't think they should be fishing the same body of water for more than 5 years for the championship week. For example, pick 3 lakes that you don't have a division, and rotate through them every 5 years. It would then be 10 years before you went back to a body of water. Kind of keeps it more interesting that way.

If the same guys keep winning and the directors think something is going on, then put a boat on them. I bet KVD would be crazy mad if back in his hay day, he was told he couldn't win anymore...

17. Member
    I don't think it's as much as they think something is going on as it is the decrease in the number of "donators" not showing up. People who know their chances are low stop donating to the same people winning and doing well. Without those types of fisherman there, they don't have enough boats to have a classic at the level they do now. And to compare it to KVD is a bit of a stretch as he is a pro competing against other pros. It will be interesting to see how well the people who always do well do at a different venue (I believe they will be just fine because good fisherman catch fish everywhere they go, not just in their back yard).

18. Member
    Last year Anglers Choice had their Classic on Ky Lake we won the boat, second was Terry B and Shawn, third was Van Sirus and his son. You could see guys running their mouth about locals winning, the very next year they moved the Ky Lake division to Golconda Illinois and the classic to Missouri, Van Sirus and his son went up there and won, I was so proud of them!!!

19. Member
    Would you even consider Heckel/Mueneir locals? Pretty sure one lives at least an hour and half away from the lake not sure on the other.

I have been donating to these guys for a few years now and I think the past winner deal is silly when I stop and think about it. Imagine if it was like that in any other sporting event. As long as they aren't "pro's" I don't care if they win every year, except that I am not winning myself but that's my own fault, not theirs.

Now, the change of venue I am happy about. I personally wish the would change it each year even if it is 3 different lakes and rotate them each year. I like to fish new places etc. These guys are good fisherman they will most likely be at the top even at Chick.

Some of the stuff USA does I don't really understand. Like going to ranger boat for the winner of the classic. Before, when it was Nitro, 1st through 3rd won boats now just first wins a boat. I understand the msrp of said first place boat is more now, but lower winnings for 2nd and 3rd. Top 3 payouts now totals around $73k used to be around $90k.
    After I typed that I guess I do understand now, more money for them.

20. Banned
    USA Bassin turned me off a few years ago when the field was set for the classic based on the regionals then we get to the classic and there are 30-40 additional boats. Where did these come from, we asked and could never get a straight answer. They've always seemed like a fishy, pardon the pun, organization to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast