Thread: The new Outback

The new Outback

Looks mighty sweet.

2. Member
    Should be an excellent fishing yak. Hoping I get one.

3. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Nice, looks like the Pro Angler from seat to stern. Getting priced like one too, my 2012 PA-14 was similarly priced. I had an older Outback and it is a fine fishing kayak, if it had had the chair I might still have it. I think the additional length & width will make the new Outback more stable and comfortable, and the rudder now stowing under the hull (again like the PA's) definite plus.

They've pretty much addressed all of the most popular angler requests on this redesign. My wife had a 2017 camo Outback and we outfitted it with the center rectangular hatch and full length Pro Angler H rails with the Pro Angler 3 place rod holders. She loved it for it's "lighter" weight, maneuverability, and speed but eventually moved to a PA12 for the added room. This new version looks like a great compromise between the PA12 and the old Outback. Might just have to add one to the fleet!

I looked at one but ended up with the PA 14. The little increase in speed and maneuverability were not enough to beat out the room and functionality of the PA. Great boat though.

I agree that the Pro Angler 14 is hard to beat if you don’t have any issues with the weight when it comes to moving it around on land or loading and unloading. I’ve been in a PA14 for the last 7 years now and have owned five of them during that time. It’s definitely my preferred boat especially for tournament fishing. However, there are plenty of times that I’d love to have another Outback in my fleet. Offshore saltwater trips for launching in the surf, remote launches down hills or rock levees, or quick late evening trips just for fun when I don’t need a ton of gear are all instances where a lighter more nimble boat excels. I was looking at the Hobie Compass to fill those needs but like this new Outback even more!

7. Member
    Tested it the other day - impressed with it. So much - I put one on order..

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I agree that the Pro Angler 14 is hard to beat if you don’t have any issues with the weight when it comes to moving it around on land or loading and unloading. I’ve been in a PA14 for the last 7 years now and have owned five of them during that time. It’s definitely my preferred boat especially for tournament fishing. However, there are plenty of times that I’d love to have another Outback in my fleet. Offshore saltwater trips for launching in the surf, remote launches down hills or rock levees, or quick late evening trips just for fun when I don’t need a ton of gear are all instances where a lighter more nimble boat excels. I was looking at the Hobie Compass to fill those needs but like this new Outback even more!
    Couldn't agree more.

9. Member
    Do you have a pic of how you added the PA 3 place rod holder? I am looking at the new outlook and PA12....I am leaning twd the OB but would like the rod holder 3 one