Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoElite7 View Post
    im using the one it came with. mounted on fortrex 112. i checked fuse in fortrex head.. installed ground wire..made sure tm power wires are not touching HB cables. also my on board charger is only 3 bank.. so cranking is not sharing charger..as many stated that could be issue.

i see a few people are suggesting a new transducer.. does HB swap for free? one thing to note.. i dont have the MEGA model
    Did you read post #4?

Humminbird has a transducer exchange program for an unused transducer and unopened mount package.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

thanks.. i opened mine. how else would i know it didnt work for me? ill give them a ring

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    You wound your ethernet cable around a ferrite ring?
    Yes, because my interference went away when the ipilot link ethernet cable was disconnected.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

4. Member
    On your setup do you have a 3 bank battery charger connected to the two trolling motor batteries and cranking battery? If yes, confirming on the Hummingbird noise chock you have it connected to the charger leads that is going to the cranking battery and not connected to the HB 10 power cable?

5. Banned
    Will the DI puck work on a SI unit for just DI and 2D? Things I have tried to get rid of the RFI on my unit are, Ground wire on - side of start battery to the - on one TM battery. TM wires on left side, unit power/ground wires on right side back to start battery, electrical tape on shaft under zip ties and tape around the motor housing for the hose clamps on the TSS. Last thing was disconnect the on board charger wires from the start battery.

The only things that works is to remove the ducer cable completely from the TM and set it on the front deck away from the TM or run the TM wide open on setting 10. TM is a MG tour 82. The old Brute 67 worked fine, no noise.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Aries 181 View Post
    Will the DI puck work on a SI unit for just DI and 2D? Things I have tried to get rid of the RFI on my unit are, Ground wire on - side of start battery to the - on one TM battery. TM wires on left side, unit power/ground wires on right side back to start battery, electrical tape on shaft under zip ties and tape around the motor housing for the hose clamps on the TSS. Last thing was disconnect the on board charger wires from the start battery.

The only things that works is to remove the ducer cable completely from the TM and set it on the front deck away from the TM or run the TM wide open on setting 10. TM is a MG tour 82. The old Brute 67 worked fine, no noise.

Bill
    Can't see your unit from here. What unit do you have and what transducer is on the trolling motor?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Can't see your unit from here. What unit do you have and what transducer is on the trolling motor?
    Sorry Wayne. Gen 1 Helix 10 SI.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Aries 181 View Post
    Sorry Wayne. Gen 1 Helix 10 SI.

Bill
    PM sent
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    Something like this maybe ? tape made for RFI/EMP shielding.
    https://www.digikey.com/products/en?...-6-1183&v=1067
    I couldn't get the link to work but I found Tape that looks promising

https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...198-ND/2649743

3" X 14" would be awesome.
    Now to find someone who has a roll so I can get a foot of it to try out.

10. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    You could buy a LOT of ferrite toroidal rings for $81, which work quite well.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12