Thread: Muse Gold rods?

Muse Gold rods?

I know they are a Walleye series, but does anyone have any experience with them (69ML and 76ML) for bass fishing? Thanks!

2. Member
    I fished a friends 7'6" ml and I really liked the more moderate action that it had. It was a very comfortable rod to fish, sensitivity was on par with its price, but just like all other 13 products I have messed with fit and finish was a bit lacking. 4th guide from the top wasn't perfectly in line with the other and had excess epoxy around almost all the guides.

If I could find one used for a good price I would for sure pick it up but I have higher finish standards for the price point its MSRP puts it at.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PKnight View Post
    I fished a friends 7'6" ml and I really liked the more moderate action that it had. It was a very comfortable rod to fish, sensitivity was on par with its price, but just like all other 13 products I have messed with fit and finish was a bit lacking. 4th guide from the top wasn't perfectly in line with the other and had excess epoxy around almost all the guides.

If I could find one used for a good price I would for sure pick it up but I have higher finish standards for the price point its MSRP puts it at.
    What techniques does your friend use the 76ml for? Thanks!

4. Member
    I was using it for swimming a grub which is mainly what he uses it for as well.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PKnight View Post
    I was using it for swimming a grub which is mainly what he uses it for as well.
    How does it work with Keitech style baits, drop shot, and/or ned rigs?

6. Member
    With the slight delay in action I would think it would do really well on the small swim baits and ned rigs. Honestly I am not a huge fan of a drop shot and rarely ever throw it so if I do I just use whatever rod is handy.

7. Member
    What size weights were you using with the grubs you were throwing? Thanks!

8. Member
    1/8 oz ball head and a 4 inch Yamamoto grub. Rod loaded up well and would really launch that grub.