3 blade on a 21xrs

Have any of you guys had any luck running a 3 blade on the 21xrs? They really seem hard to prop, running a 250 pro xs. Tried 28 and 29 Bravo's, just really don't like the way they carry the boat and both props worked by Matt. Ran a unworked 28 Promax and it was quick, till about 79 mph and it felt like the back end wanted to start kicking out. With the weight being moved forward I was just wondering if a Tempest or Fury might give it a little better bow lift and speed.

I cant see how a 3 blade will carry the boat.....? How much set back are you running ?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Running 14" plate, I know others are running 16" which can help with the lift. Just not sure how well the transoms will hold up with the extra set back. Will Bullet stand behind it?

4. Member
    I want to try a 27 Fury on mine

5. Member
    I put the 2" spacers on mine and that helped with the lift and got a Hydromotive prop. 77-79 by myself is it. I have the older model torque master on mine.

6. Member
    A Fury has too much stearn lift.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark1 View Post
    A Fury has too much stearn lift.

My buddys running a 27 fury on his 21xdc. Runs 80+ Heavy load.

8. Member
    You will never know till you try it. I think some people forget that even though the bottom of XRS is the same as the 21x boats the top cap being configured differently, the weight placement is further forward which may warrant different props than what most are used to running on Bullets.

9. Member
    We have tried the 3 bladed props and at some point they drop the nose of our (21XRD) boats. Run
    the 4 blade props and be done with the problem.