1980 vs 2080 length

I am bit surprised the difference in the 2 boats is only a couple of inches. I figured the 2080 was going to be 20'8" or at lease 20 1/2. I understand the 2080 gets the boat 200 motor crowd but it seems the difference is a bit crunched. I assume all the extra length is in front of the consoles for more room for rods.

2. Member
    Stay tuned, they said the 2080 was the biggest to date. My guess is a 21 is on the way, just reading between the lines.

3. Member
    Now that would be something!!!!

4. Member
    Based on the price diff in the last 2 that would put it upper $40's to low $50's rigged out with 225/250 depending on all the bells and whistles you want. Even the 2080 would be mid to upper 40's with PP's and an Ultrex but that sounds a bit easier to swallow. Seems like that $50,000 mark for me is a really hard to accept in my mind for an aluminum.

5. Member
    I think my 1980 with almost every upgrade they offer is mid 40’s OTD with 2 Helix 10 mega’s and dual trailer but no pole anchors.

6. Member
    bassmin, I know there has been a lot of work put into overall design. I imagine that one has to consider overall performance and I have been in boats that were 20 feet that rode and fished better than most that were 21+. A few inches in length can make a world of difference, not just in hp rating of motor, but weight and overall performance, balance, etc. The people at Vexus are not just adding a few inches so they can move up in hp. They have decades of experience in boat design so each model performs with excellence in its particular category. To assume they might "crunch" differences in length would go against their overall design philosophy. Just saying that each product they develop and market is well thought out.

7. Member
    I was told the extra inch’s is in the rear deck not the front deck

8. Member
    The 1880 to to 1980 was a 12 inch diff. The 1980 to 2080 is only 4. I know with fulcrum points etc this may make a diff but its hard to understand the 2 same models 4 inches apart. If all their experience was put into that determination then I am curious what it was other than the obvious hp rating increase. Also, I see where the extra length went into the back of the boat. I am always short for length up front where the rods need to be laid out. Just assessing the 2080 as it is the model I would be interested in to date.

9. Member
    I thought they were 6” different in length. 19’10” vs 20’4”?
    they are following along a similar path that they developed while at Ranger but they took it one size larger. The bigger RT is the 198 which is 6” bigger than the 188. They have just expanded it so they could mount the 200 on it and appeal to a wider market. Smart IMO.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    Based on the price diff in the last 2 that would put it upper $40's to low $50's rigged out with 225/250 depending on all the bells and whistles you want. Even the 2080 would be mid to upper 40's with PP's and an Ultrex but that sounds a bit easier to swallow. Seems like that $50,000 mark for me is a really hard to accept in my mind for an aluminum.
    I got the chance to drive and fish in a 2080 all weekend and you would be hard pressed to believe you were in an aluminum. I just started a new thread about my experience but I have a 19 foot glass boat now and will measure my garage in the morning to see if the 2080 will fit. It is absoultely impressive
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

11. Member
    20'2 based on specs listed on the Vexus website.

12. Joe4d
    they might have sold at least 1 more 2080 if they hadnt played secret squirrel BS games.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    they might have sold at least 1 more 2080 if they hadnt played secret squirrel BS games.
    Which super secret squirrel BS game got you?