Carb 200 fuel starvation on take off

OT391189
    Motor was running fine until I made a prop change on the water. Was tiled up to ear max. Swapped props, then on take off it was starving for fuel. I could choke it, (via enricher) and boat would take off an plane. I could only assume low speed jets could be clogged? This continued and never cleared on its own. Plan on checking all the jets this afternoon, and changing fuel filter.

2. Member
    Did you re-prime the engine via the primer bulb prior to attempting to restart after the prop change?

3. Member
    Not immediately after, but after 2nd attempt I reprimed and still not sifferent

4. Member
    high speed jets or inlets , you may pull those off and not see anything just the movement of carbs may unlock stuck inlet and prob solved
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Also make sure you check the fuel line to be sure it's not kinked, crimped or damaged in some way.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor