Labor Day camping

Anyone have and camping plans for Labor Day? We are just gonna head down to a local campground on the civil war battlefields around Fredericksburg va.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    For me, Labor Day marks the end of the crowds and noise and after it is over I start camping and fishing more heavily again. Probably comes from my dad's work schedule when I was a kid. He got paid double or triple time for working a holiday and then got a day off to use when he wanted. We did a lot of camping and fishing the first weekend in June, the second week of July and the second weekend in September.

This year, the heat doesn't make being outside more than I already am very appealing right now.

I really love camping in late September through mid-November here. A hike with a jacket and no bugs or crowds followed by a campfire that feels good is about as good as it gets to me.

I've spent a lot of time in Fredricksburg. I used to travel a lot for work to NSWC Dahlgren and we almost always stayed in Fredericksburg. Seeing the battlefields really interests me. Fredericksburg is about my favorite there since you can really see what the terrain is like and it isn't grown up like some of them.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Spent the weekend At Hat Creek with Family. Never lit a campfire this trip. Tired of the smoke from all the wildfires. Had a great trip and caught some trout to eat.