Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    I have not seen them on any of the NE Ga lakes I fish in the past 5 years and I fish every weekend from March thru June. I see them traveling on the highways. Thus far I have not seen one while deer hunting either. Perhaps there isn't any reason in the areas I fish/hunt. Or there is a shortage in the state?

2. Member
    shoot first ask questions later

Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    I realize they have a job to do, and there are risks in being a LEO at any level,
    But here in California they seem to be (my opinion) anti outdoors. What I mean is if you fish or hunt you are a target for them and I would like to think there should be common interest somewhere, I mean the great outdoors at least?

Before you ask, I have not had a bad experience per se but have witnessed several that border on outright harrassment.
    What do you want--It is California!!

All good around here. Len
    1992 RANGER 392V 200 MERC

5. Member
    good here for the most part, I have one issue with the ODWC, how can you set up a dummy deer to catch road hunters and it not be considered "entrapment" but if I left a welder beside the road to catch a thief that would considered entrapment?
    not really their fault but screwed up laws man

6. Member
    I live in IL, never seen an actual DNR guy on IL waters. Given the condition of our state government I'll bet there's not more than a handful of wardens across the whole state. That being said most of the counties around me have a Forest Preserve police of one kind or another. I run into them pretty often actually fishing the local ponds and ever one of them has been pretty cool.

I spend a lot of time fishing in WI and IL numbers are a magnet for their DNR, local water patrol, you name it. I've been stopped a number of times. As long as you've got the required safety equipment, your license and are courteous they're usually alright. They will give you a thorough check though. I did have one guy who checked my livewells once in a tournament and measured a couple of my fish (which were good). He wasn't a dick about it or anything though and actually tried to make the stop as quick as possible.

Nothing but friendly encounters for me here in Michigan, they are usually looking for people without licenses or over limit on pan fish.

Quote Originally Posted by kindlel View Post
    good here for the most part, I have one issue with the ODWC, how can you set up a dummy deer to catch road hunters and it not be considered "entrapment" but if I left a welder beside the road to catch a thief that would considered entrapment?
    not really their fault but screwed up laws man
    Has this been a problem for you?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MYRX View Post
    I have not seen them on any of the NE Ga lakes I fish in the past 5 years and I fish every weekend from March thru June. I see them traveling on the highways. Thus far I have not seen one while deer hunting either. Perhaps there isn't any reason in the areas I fish/hunt. Or there is a shortage in the state?
    My youngest cousin is a game warden for GA they normally try to have one warden for every two counties. He said they are so under staffed right now that most are working three to four counties, some of them are trying to work five counties and that even the Sgt's are having to get out of the offices to work.
    1995 Skeeter 200ZX, 1998 Mercury 200 (OG724176)
    2015 Ram 3500 dually Cummins G56
    The Bible

I've seen the dummy deer in Georgia before , they set him up in light brush about 50 yards off a road , kinda hard to tell he's fake esp. if you are an idiot .

11. Member
    Never had a problem here in Indiana. Very polite and are very quick. Max of 5 minutes. Wish more were out there.

12. Member
    Ours is much more worried about hunters than fishermen. I know a ton of hunters with run-ins and very very few fishermen.

13. Member
    Here? They are underfunded and overworked.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

14. Member
    There have been more sasquatch sightings in SoCal than DFW sightings.

When I'm on the Colorado river I get checked by the Arizona GFD. As long as I have a throwable handy (meaning on the deck, not stored below deck) then they are cool.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

15. Member
    In our part of the Texas Hill Country, the wardens are great. If you have a road hunting problem, they are there to help before the road hunters have time to pick up their kill. Deer hunting is income for ranchers so poaching is not tolerated. I have ridden with them and they have no fear but they have a great sense of humor. One we had was a Vietnam Green Beret turned game warden. He was hilarious but was deadly serious about his job. Our neighbor had a problem with a group of trespassers on his ranch. He spoke to them in Spanish since they weren’t responding to English. He called the game warden and the warden realized they were Vietnamese. The warden was a Viet Cong interrogator in Nam so he was fluent in Vietnamese. He got the problem corrected immediately. They left with a much better understanding $$$ of Texas private property trespassing laws!
    Another story: My father in law always checked the church grounds on Saturday before Sunday services. He checked the rest room (out house) and found a black belt with a pistol, mags, and handcuffs. He took it home and called the game warden to see if he was missing anything. No, I can’t think of anything was the response. FIL described the item he found and where he had found it. That’s where I left it was his response. He had received a call and jumped up and forgot his gun belt. He showed up later at my FIL’s ranch house to claim his gun belt. They both had a good laugh. He told my FIL he wished the pistol was made out of chocolate. Puzzled my FIL ask him why. He said he was afraid someone would make him eat it someday. This was many years ago when times were simpler and people were more honest. Oh yeah. The out house has been designated the pastor’s reading room and is a historical building on the church grounds and we have modern rest rooms now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345