BBC SPONSOR

Might take out a 2080

There is a good chance I am going out in a 2080 tomorrow. Thought I would check with you guys to see if there is anything specific you would like to know that I can try to find out for you. I plan on taking some of my own pictures. Running the boat a little, and seeing if maybe I can catch a fish out of it.

I will check back later today to make a list of questions and comments for in the mornings ride around!

2. Member
    Where did they put the extra 6” of length compared to the 1980 model? Front deck?, seating area/leg room? or rear deck?

3. ozarkCat
    can you list the performance numbers

4. Member
    Hopefully you can fish in some wind on the troller to see how affected the boat is by a god breeze.

5. Banned
    I would like to know the true draft numbers. I want a tin boat but it has the draft shallow.

6. Member
    Where you plan to put your all your tackle.

7. Member
    My questions would be more on ride and stability. How does the rig perform when the trolling motor is down... Does it get blown around alot in the wind? How capable is the rig in chop or boat wakes (dry ride?). How does the boat load onto the trailer, no issues with loading? Performance numbers. An there has been concern from the videos on the boat rocking at rest when walking around. Guess we can put that one to rest with a quick test.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Good stuff guys. I will try to get you some good honest feed back tomorrow.

I run a 481VS now, so this boat will be a little bigger than that, but I have been in my share of boats, so should be able to put it through some test for everyone!

9. Member
    Have fun brother! Thats the most important thing.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Well guys it was everything I thought it would be! I was impressed overall by the boat.

The thing that stuck out most to me, was how roomy it felt while fishing. Never felt like the extra rods were in my way or under my feet. Boat fishes great. There was ZERO wind, so I can't really comment on it blowing around or not. I was actually hoping there would be, so I could see how it fished when you let off the TM, but that wasn't the case.

I liked the layout of the boat, and LOVE the center rod locker! That is the one thing I have missed most since I sold my last Z520. This boat will carry more rods than one person would ever need in a days time. Even if you were tournament fishing. I also liked the step in the floor that can also be use as like a day box. Throw pliers, scissors, extra line, trailers whatever in there and easy to get to and handy. I thought the back compartments were plenty big for tackle storage, and I would much rather have the weight in the back of the boat anyways.

As far as performance goes, it was pretty much inline with what I thought with the setup! It was just me in the boat and it ran 64.1 on GPS. It would cruise nicely around 37-38 mph at 4000 RPMs. The hole shot with that new Mercury 200 4-stroke was INCREDIBLE! Boat rode good, as I crossed back in forth in some boat waves and it felt just like being in a glass boat to me!

I am sure I have forgot a few things I was going to post, as I took it out last Friday, but as I remember them I will update this post!!! If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

11. Member
    Exactly my experience Earl. It was windy when I was in it and it blew around a little more but it wasn't that much difference IMO
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS