Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C Bash View Post
    I’ve twice typed out a few thoughts on this subject and had to delete both for fear of offending. I will say the picture of an empty boat ramp is as sad as a picture of an empty ball field. Anybody who believes differently is not seeing the big picture.
    I also have deleted a typed out post more than one tonight out of anger, hope the lord smiled after I deleted it

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky 520c View Post

Ky Dam Village today 1 bass boat trailer... I thought weather was decent today
    It was the perfect day to fish, just a little breeze, cloudy and not to hot till late afternoon, absolutely perfect day to fish May I add the water temp was 87.3 degrees.

3. Member
    Guys don't scared to share your feelings. Lol
    I'm coming down next weekend for a two day tournament and I'm really not looking forward to it. I come down a few times a year but I hate to say after the USA bassin leaves next spring I won't be back. Really hope the lakes make a 180.
    But like what was said in a post I'm just a fisherman that stays in the same roach motel every time I'm down. So I'm a nobody a piece of sh!+ Fisherman from out of town hogging up 1 of the 30 boat ramps and supporting the same roach motel. Guess I could sell the bass boat and buy a Baja.

4. Member
    I took a video the other day at double Creek ramp. Not a single truck in the lot but mine. The lakes are in serious trouble but I'll keep fishing it. I have a camper in eddyville and that's where I store my Skeeter. Can still catch some decent fish but once the 4 lb plus fish die off it will be over for these lakes.

5. Member
    I had a place in little bear. My retirement house, and I recently sold it. The last three years I have caught very few fish out of the bushes on the north end of the lake. I’m not the only fisherman that can say that either. That’s where a lot of the fish go to spawn. I don’t need a fisheries biologist to tell me they’ve had a bad spawn. Some people want to blame water levels, weather, and tournaments. Just my opinion but the fish that used to spawn in the bushes are gone. I’m not a professional by no means but I know what I’ve watched happening. I’ve had some good days but more bad than good. Judging by the boat ramps I’m not the only one. I can’t sing praises for the people that’s supposed to be taking care of the lakes when they’ve had 10 years to do something and let the lakes get in this kind of shape. Maybe they’re doing all they can I don’t know, but if they are the lakes farther south are next. I just have to wonder how bad will they let this problem get before the powers that be go all in on fixing it. Soooooo sad.

6. Member
    I was on Barkley yesterday. The boat ramp looked the same. I will say bait is about as thick as it can get.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Svan270 View Post
    I took a video the other day at double Creek ramp. Not a single truck in the lot but mine. The lakes are in serious trouble but I'll keep fishing it. I have a camper in eddyville and that's where I store my Skeeter. Can still catch some decent fish but once the 4 lb plus fish die off it will be over for these lakes.
    That's the biggest problem we face, I believe. We are still benefiting from older fish in the population.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

8. Member
    I’m not a biologist but if it takes current for these carp to spawn and they can spawn multiple times a year, they had to have had a banner year this year, we ran for weeks early this year spilling with current running around 100,000cfs it may have been the perfect storm. If they did the next 3 years we may look like the Illinois river. This is why I question all the bait we see currently....

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt870 View Post
    I was on Barkley yesterday. The boat ramp looked the same. I will say bait is about as thick as it can get.
    I agree 100% on the bait, it wasn't there last year but now the bait is every where, that's one positive peace of news!!!!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Svan270 View Post
    This ^^^. I don’t catch near the fish but catch some good ones. But when the good ones are gone we are going to have a several year period where 12llb will be a big stringer. I had over 23 in a USA bassin few weeks ago but just got the 5 keeper bites all day.

11. Member
    it only a matter of time before they destroy the entire tn river chain
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

12. Member
    Time to quit trying to place blame and fix it. Seems pretty simple to me. Maintain water quality,Restore habitat, reduce carp population, manage tournament and harvest pressure. Certainly time to implement a no keep no kill policy in the interim...like tomorrow ....

13. Member
    Big article in BassMaster Magazine (just arrived yesterday) addressing the Carp issue.

Not sure about during the week. I never get to see any ramps until the weekend. Still surprised that there wasn’t someone like artcarney there fishing for something

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 59tomitriton View Post
    Not sure about during the week. I never get to see any ramps until the weekend. Still surprised that there wasn’t someone like artcarney there fishing for something
    He is gonna tell you to “get bent” tommy. Lol.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 07vette View Post
    He is gonna tell you to “get bent” tommy. Lol.
    Yep, I got one the other day lol

Won’t be the first time. Just wait until we start talking about UK.

18. bullyfish
    I love it l hope it keeps everybody away especially fishing tournaments. It leaves more fish for me to catch 😂😂 don’t come here it’s bad it’s full of carp, the lakes are dead 💀 love it 😂😂😂

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLYFISH View Post
    I love it l hope it keeps everybody away especially fishing tournaments. It leaves more fish for me to catch  don’t come here it’s bad it’s full of carp, the lakes are dead  love it 
    Better watch it that 007yett will look you up being you both r from Cadiz lol, just kidding

20. bullyfish
    ����

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast