Belligerent Landowner

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....27#post9623827
    I thought some of you guys would be interested in this since it happened in Madison County.
    Eastern Kentucky University
    2003 Stratos 200 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO

2. Member
    I agree with the others guys, if ur floating not anything should be done, but walking then yes u r trespassing. Seen something similar happen on Ky Lake by dock owners. You can fish anywhere on Ky you can float including boat docks, nothing they can do about it!!

3. Member
    Well if we were wrong then we were wrong. But he couldve handled it in a civil way instead of telling us all of the cuss words he knows.
    Eastern Kentucky University
    2003 Stratos 200 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by willhamm97 View Post
    Well if we were wrong then we were wrong. But he couldve handled it in a civil way instead of telling us all of the cuss words he knows.
    I'm sure he's tired of people like you. There's two sides to every story, we've only heard one. Fishermen can be some of the toughest people to deal with, maybe not you personally but those who went before you apparently did a bang-up job on those property owners.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    You can fish anywhere on Ky you can float including boat docks, nothing they can do about it!!
    On corp of engineer lakes if you lease water space for a marina the corps grants the marina owner the right to restrict fishing within 150 ft of their store front entrance and gas pumps. They have this clause so there is no one causing congestion of boat traffic that will impact the business. Very few enforce it but this is in the lease agreement between the corps and the marina owner. This topic was brought us several years ago here on BBC. It took me some digging but I was able to confirm that it was legal for marina owners to prohibit fishing under certain guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    On corp of engineer lakes if you lease water space for a marina the corps grants the marina owner the right to restrict fishing within 150 ft of their store front entrance and gas pumps. They have this clause so there is no one causing congestion of boat traffic that will impact the business. Very few enforce it but this is in the lease agreement between the corps and the marina owner. This topic was brought us several years ago here on BBC. It took me some digging but I was able to confirm that it was legal for marina owners to prohibit fishing under certain guidelines.
    KenLake marina is a TVA lake. They have no fishing w/in 200 feet posted around the marina. What does the law say? Legal to fish or not?
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    KenLake marina is a TVA lake. They have no fishing w/in 200 feet posted around the marina. What does the law say? Legal to fish or not?
    I have no idea about a TVA lake. It's just my opinion but it would make sense they also have such a clause but I honestly do not know. If the TVA is leasing water to a marina then I would bet the marina would want to guarantee unrestricted access to their business.