Thread: Vexus Speed

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbreaux View Post
    Arthur Brown, Jr's family owns Real Deal Marine in Louisiana. I bought my AVX 1880 from him. If he says it, it does it.
    513.jpg

This is tops with the 115 Pro XS motor - 51+ - my boat

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbreaux View Post
    513.jpg

This is tops with the 115 Pro XS motor - 51+ - my boat
    Is there a model number on that adjustment seat post?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    seat post 1.jpgseat post 2.jpg

This is what is on the sticker. It came from Vexus

4. Member
    [QUOTE=Kbreaux;10288880]Arthur Brown, Jr's family owns Real Deal Marine in Louisiana. I bought my AVX 1880 from him. If he says it, it does it.[/QUOTE

He has it dialed in!! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by eds triton View Post
    i love the Vexus boat, speed was not their goal, but if you want speed in an aluminum rig get you an X19 Xpress with a 200 SHO I owned an X19 with a 200 VMAX 74 MPH half tank of gas and empty livewell but Vexus has made a top Notch Aluminum boat they have no competition Xpress is fast Vexus is a top notch good looking DRY riding boat I would buy one tomorrow, but I went with a glass boat
    If a manufacturer states that performance was not a factor in their design then they are just making an excuse for why the boat cannot perform. A BassCat Pantera Classic can run into the 60's with a 150hp engine, and that is a boat that is comparable in size. The Vexus is not a hull full of rivets and welds, and they are always comparing it to a fiberglass hull as far as performance. ANY bass boat that has a max. hp rating of 150 should be able to run 60mph...period. When you charge a premium price for a boat then it better be able to perform comparably to other boats in that same price range with the same hp.

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post

Ask for the adjustable power pole.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Quote Originally Posted by angleiron View Post
    If a manufacturer states that performance was not a factor in their design then they are just making an excuse for why the boat cannot perform. A BassCat Pantera Classic can run into the 60's with a 150hp engine, and that is a boat that is comparable in size. The Vexus is not a hull full of rivets and welds, and they are always comparing it to a fiberglass hull as far as performance. ANY bass boat that has a max. hp rating of 150 should be able to run 60mph...period. When you charge a premium price for a boat then it better be able to perform comparably to other boats in that same price range with the same hp.

I have never heard Vexus compare their boats performance speed to a glass boat. However, they have said, which I fully agree with, the ride of their AVX boats is very similar to a fiberglass. boat. That is a 100% a factual statement. There is a difference between running 55mph and getting beat to do death in chop like you do with most competitor brands vs running at 55mph in solid, stable boat like Vexus. IMO the performance part is really focused on the overall ride, fishability and solid feel to the boat. I have hit 60 on mine several times.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

8. Member
    I couldn’t be more happy with the speed of my AVX1980/G2. Not sure what the exact top speed of my rig is as it probably would vary every day depending on load, temperature, and humidity. We are usually running with a good amount of other boat waves and/or wind waves. We find running 56mph as our normal top speed in these conditions is very easy to accomplish without trimming it up higher to get just 2 or 3 mph. Most of the time we are running 42-52mph and we get around just fine. G2 just sips the gas and is so quiet at idle and at speed. We had three trips this week without adding more fuel, and it was just filled to 3/4 tank to start. A half a tank is about all you need most of the time. I think I’m averaging 3.5 gallons per trip. Though we did run about 60 miles one day trying to find active fish off shore a couple weeks ago and used about 9 gallons.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

9. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    i love that line : " If a manufacturer states that performance was not a factor in their design then they are just making an excuse for why the boat cannot perform. "

so the reverse of this statement that makes about as much sense would be " If a fisherman states that top speed performance was the factor in the decisions for buying a boat they are just making excuses for why they cannot catch fish "

Boat performance is more than a single factor such as top speed, what good is a 80mph boat if it is to unstable to fish from?
    and if top speed was so important to tournament fishing wouldn't all the pro's be running Allison's, Bullets and Stokers ?
    this is just my humble opinion. . . .

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    i love that line : " If a manufacturer states that performance was not a factor in their design then they are just making an excuse for why the boat cannot perform. "

so the reverse of this statement that makes about as much sense would be " If a fisherman states that top speed performance was the factor in the decisions for buying a boat they are just making excuses for why they cannot catch fish "

Boat performance is more than a single factor such as top speed, what good is a 80mph boat if it is to unstable to fish from?
    and if top speed was so important to tournament fishing wouldn't all the pro's be running Allison's, Bullets and Stokers ?
    They will run whatever pays the best. But speed is not the only factor in performance

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post

So are you saying that a boat that can perform better than a Vexus with the same HP is not a fishable platform? BassCat makes excellent boats that also happen to fish well out of, and do everything very, very well. An Allison would be a 70's boat with a 150hp that would do better than a Vexus could do in every category. My boat should be in the next week or so, and I was told verbally by someone at Vexus that it is a 60mph boat. Now I do not expect it to be a 60mph boat with a full load and 2 people...but I do expect it to be a 60mph boat with 1 person in it and not loaded. Words have meaning, and when someone who represents the brand tells me something that based my decision on ordering the boat then I expect it to do what I was told.

I am not spending almost $50K on a boat that performs the same as a Tracker boat that is 1/3 less. You can say whatever you want about how a boat handles in rough water but 90% of that comes down to the driver and not the boat. I really don't care about the speed...I honestly don't...but ANY bass boat that has an engine with a 150hp (the Etec I am getting will be more like 165hp) should run 60mph. It is not about the speed but more about the design as this is not a pontoon boat. Who buys a bass boat that isn't going to perform? If BassCat can build a 19'6" glass boat that can run low to mid 60's with a 150hp engine then there should be no reason why a 1980 cannot run at least 60mph with a lite load.

I have owned Tritons, Champions, Allisons, BassCats, Strokers, Gamblers, Javelins, ProCrafts, Stratos, and a SeaArk tin boat. I went to tin because I do not fish tournaments anymore...but that doesn't mean that the bar should be lowered on what I want to own. Hell my Sea Ark was a 17' boat with a 90 Etec that would run 49mph with just me in the boat...and that was GPS speed. If I was told that this was only going to be a mid 50's boat I would not have even ordered it.

12. Banned
    I finally got to see one on the water yesterday, Lake Jordan,NC, white and gray ....good looking boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I finally got to see one on the water yesterday, Lake Jordan,NC, white and gray ....good looking boat.
    I saw that one a few weeks ago.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggcnash View Post
    Lol, I have extensive fishing time in a 1980 and a 2080, neither one will hit 70 plain and simple, the 2080 with the 200 fully tweaked with nothing but the captain and gas with some good tailwind maybe and that's a big maybe because all my buddy has hit in his 2080 is 67mph by himself, with it loaded and 2 guys it's a 63mph boat, the 1980 my father owns with the 150 g2 will run 57-58 empty with one person and gas and around 54-55mph loaded with 2 guys, all facts, 70+ is comical not gonna happen period. All that said those are very respectable speeds for the size of outboard and boats, for comparison my dad's previous boat a crestliner pt20 with a merc 200 would only run 59-60 at wot loaded, so only losing around 5 mph with 50 less hp on the 1980 is impressive, and it's a way better ride than the crestliner
    I have to say this is gospel, I have found same in my 1980!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    Vexus is not the boat for you angleiron. On that we can all agree, nor is this forum because most of us here who have actually driven them or own them absolutely love them. But, then again what do we know?
    Jimbug is right....We love them! My AVX1980 white stallion and Evinrude will do all I want it to....jumps me out of the hole!

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggcnash View Post
    Lol, I have extensive fishing time in a 1980 and a 2080, neither one will hit 70 plain and simple, the 2080 with the 200 fully tweaked with nothing but the captain and gas with some good tailwind maybe and that's a big maybe because all my buddy has hit in his 2080 is 67mph by himself, with it loaded and 2 guys it's a 63mph boat, the 1980 my father owns with the 150 g2 will run 57-58 empty with one person and gas and around 54-55mph loaded with 2 guys, all facts, 70+ is comical not gonna happen period. All that said those are very respectable speeds for the size of outboard and boats, for comparison my dad's previous boat a crestliner pt20 with a merc 200 would only run 59-60 at wot loaded, so only losing around 5 mph with 50 less hp on the 1980 is impressive, and it's a way better ride than the crestliner
    How is the ride of the vexus vs. the pt20?

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    How is the ride of the vexus vs. the pt20?
    What model Vexus are you comparing to the PT20? I would assume the AVX189 and PT20 would have a similar ride quality. The AVX1880,1980 and 2080 will hands down out perform a PT20
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    What model Vexus are you comparing to the PT20? I would assume the AVX189 and PT20 would have a similar ride quality. The AVX1880,1980 and 2080 will hands down out perform a PT20
    Not so much speed, but rough water. I know they are probabl better, just wonder how much, since its a trade off for the deck size.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Not so much speed, but rough water. I know they are probabl better, just wonder how much, since its a trade off for the deck size.
    As far as rough water goes it would have to be the vexus the but the pt20 does have some things going for it imo, the pt20's deck was a lot more comfortable to fish 2 or 3 people from, also I like the way the pt20 sit in the water while fishing the vexus sits high in the front which catches wind it's not terrible but if it's not your first boat its noticeable. The fit and finish obviously goes to vexus, that being said the new pt20's have been improved in that category but still goes to vexus. Another + for pt 20 is its weight around 1600lbs with just hull also since it's a mod v hull and its huge beam gives it a lot of surface area in the water which in return makes it pretty good in the wind.The vexus boats are underpowered imo, it's basically a 20' boat with a 150, it performs ok with the 150 but tbh that hull just wants more power, I think the best buy would be a 1880 with a 135 ho, vexus should up the hp to a 140 since the recent release of the new g2 140 but either way that 135 ho on the 1880 will be same speed or faster than the 1980, and likely a little more nimble, not that the 1980 is nimble enough, but it's just begging for a 200, i will also add I was a lot more comfortable bouncing off stumps and going super shallow in the crestliner vs the vexus because the shape of the hulls, maybe it's just in my head but there are places I would run the pt20 up in that I wont with the vexus. To conclude both boats are quality and you really can't go wrong either way it might just come down to looks as it did for my dad he just liked the looks of the vexus
    Last edited by Ggcnash; 07-09-2019 at 01:35 PM.

20. Member
    Any speed numbers on the 189? I'm curious for the most part. I realize it's not built for speed, but would like to know what others are getting out of the 115 pro xs.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast