Thread: Vexus Speed

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    That’s a great question. I bet they are pretty busy getting the fiberglass boats built and marketed for now. But, I think there would be a good demand some time in the future (spring/summer 2020) for an AVX2180 bass boat say 21’ 2” rated for a 250hp. I would love to see what they could do with a boat that size.

Then again they may also want to expand the fiberglass line. The 19’ fiberglass bass boat segment seems to be a very popular size.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

2. Member
    I own the Vexus AVX 2080 with the 200hP Merc and by myself, tournament load can consistently hit 66 mph, but what has been most impressive to me is that I can run CONFORTABLY in the low 60’s through boat wake and chop. Very comfortable ride, amazing hole shot, very very pleased with this boat and I traded in a 08’ ranger z20 for it. Would do it again in a heart beat

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldham20 View Post
    I own the Vexus AVX 2080 with the 200hP Merc and by myself, tournament load can consistently hit 66 mph, but what has been most impressive to me is that I can run CONFORTABLY in the low 60’s through boat wake and chop. Very comfortable ride, amazing hole shot, very very pleased with this boat and I traded in a 08’ ranger z20 for it. Would do it again in a heart beat
    Are you running a jack plate and if so what height do you have it set at? What Prop?

4. Member
    I finally was able to take out my new 1880 for my very first outing, and all I can say is wow!! I had my previous little tin for 20yrs, and my 25hp outboard moved me along at 18-20mph gps. This was my world for a very long time. Fortunately during that time I have had some seat time on other boats with much bigger outboards. The 115 Pro-xs is one sweet motor!! Quiet, powerful, and I especially love the growl when I opened up the throttle :) I went WOT a few times and trimmed out just right, I was hitting a hair over 47 mph (Gps). Half a tank of gas, 2 adults sub 200lbs each, gear, and one PP. Trust me.... I'm not complaining one bit!! For me, and my bass fishing style, my new 1880 is a game changer.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

5. Member
    They are amazing boats

6. Member
    I also would like to know what top end speed to expect with a Vexus AVX189 with the 115 Mercury.

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    low to mid forties depending on the load out

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    I finally was able to take out my new 1880 for my very first outing, and all I can say is wow!! I had my previous little tin for 20yrs, and my 25hp outboard moved me along at 18-20mph gps. This was my world for a very long time. Fortunately during that time I have had some seat time on other boats with much bigger outboards. The 115 Pro-xs is one sweet motor!! Quiet, powerful, and I especially love the growl when I opened up the throttle :) I went WOT a few times and trimmed out just right, I was hitting a hair over 47 mph (Gps). Half a tank of gas, 2 adults sub 200lbs each, gear, and one PP. Trust me.... I'm not complaining one bit!! For me, and my bass fishing style, my new 1880 is a game changer.
    I want to see what the Yamaha guys are getting. I was getting 46 with about 700 pounds of people and all of my gear in the boat. I get 50 by myself, and have touched 51.5 with the river current by myself (245#).
    2020 White Vexus AVX 1880 Evinrude G2
    Ultrex 80 MDI iPilot
    Helix 9 G3N MSI
    Helix 9 G3N MDI w/ MEGA 360

9. Member
    Anyone know performance numbers on 1980 w/150 Suzuki? I hear not as much power as merc just curious if anyone has one or knows anything besides me just guessing

10. Member
    58 mph so far with light chop and 3 grown men/tournament load in boat. 2020 2180 cc with 200 merc pro xs. I have yet to get in it alone unloaded.

11. Member
    2021 1980 150 merc pro xs with tourny load and partner saw 55mph

12. Member
    No more updates?
    2020 White Vexus AVX 1880 Evinrude G2
    Ultrex 80 MDI iPilot
    Helix 9 G3N MSI
    Helix 9 G3N MDI w/ MEGA 360

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emccarthy View Post
    2021 1980 150 merc pro xs with tourny load and partner saw 55mph
    Same.
    51 today with full live well and 3 kids (14, 11, 9).
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

14. Member
    I've had mine for a full season now. The fastest I've gotten by myself was 55mph. With 2 people I had 54 once. I generally run around 51 to 53 with 2 people and a full load. I will say my fastest speeds were 90+ degree days and it was with the prop that came with the boat.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

My 1880 with the Zuk 115 & manual jackplate gets about 47mph.

I might be able to eek out another mph or two but I haven’t fiddled with it because top end is of little concern for me. This boat will spend 95%+ of its time on a 600 acre lake with a 35 mph speed limit that is >60% idle zone. That is one of the main reasons I bought the Zuk. I had not seen performance reports about the motor and did not expect it to be the fastest combo.

The main driver was the speed limit and the Zuk was two grand+/- cheaper than the next option. The secondary driver was my perception of reliability. We’ll see how that plays out long term but so far I’m happy with it.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    My 1880 with the Zuk 115 & manual jackplate gets about 47mph.

I might be able to eek out another mph or two but I haven’t fiddled with it because top end is of little concern for me. This boat will spend 95%+ of its time on a 600 acre lake with a 35 mph speed limit that is >60% idle zone. That is one of the main reasons I bought the Zuk. I had not seen performance reports about the motor and did not expect it to be the fastest combo.

The main driver was the speed limit and the Zuk was two grand+/- cheaper than the next option. The secondary driver was my perception of reliability. We’ll see how that plays out long term but so far I’m happy with it.
    BigEasy, I'm wondering how you are liking the Suzuki. My dealer and I have built an 1880 within my budget which includes that motor. Top speed is not my greatest concern. I'm just wondering what that $1,600 difference is. I wouldn't be able to get the 1880 without it.

Jason, here is some more of my impressions on the Zuk

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1089931&p=11470017#post11470017

To restate something in that post; I like the motor well enough that when it’s time to repower the family deck boat I’ll likely go with the Zuk 115SS in white.

What the price difference is between it and the other motors is? I can’t speak to that. I do know I’m favorably impressed with it for my uses.

I’m lucky in that I could have swung the money for the Evinrude 135 but the speed difference (that I would only occasionally use) for the money was not justified.

18. Member
    Thanks for the info! I’m very excited for my Vexus to get here.

19. Member
    Steve Clark hit the nail square on the head and drove it to the bottom. If some one wants a boat that makes them feel like each fishing trip is like going to six flags or cedar point they should buy an Allison, Stroker, Bullet or a vintage Norris Craft. One who loves to fish, you will paddle a canoe to get to fish! Of course we like to blow our eye balls out occasionally.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pickel View Post
    Steve Clark hit the nail square on the head and drove it to the bottom. If some one wants a boat that makes them feel like each fishing trip is like going to six flags or cedar point they should buy an Allison, Stroker, Bullet or a vintage Norris Craft. One who loves to fish, you will paddle a canoe to get to fish! Of course we like to blow our eye balls out occasionally.
    Sounds like a good excuse for being under powered and slow

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast