Thread: Vexus Speed

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Just received my AVX1980 and had it out on Lake Maumelle here in Arkansas; contending with Tropical storm wind gusts that made the lake a bit choppy (about 2 ft. rollers at times); against the wind, with two 250lb guys fully loaded boat, with the Evinrude Etec G2 HO 150 and easily got the boat up to 50 MPH; that's with no jack plate; It's very possible this could easily hit/exceed 55mph with better conditions and with one person likely closer to 60. That said, I am amazed how well this boat rides, how quiet the motor is and well behaved at low idel speeds. Quite pleased.

Just as a FYI...

1980 with 150 HO, and a prop that I will share when/if I ever get my boat. 62mph GPS and hitting the rev limiter with a 180 pound driver with the motor still in break-in. Someone (dealer or Vexus) screwed up my boat build and I am waiting to see what is going to be done to resolve things. Boat is at the dealer, and I waiting to see what is going to be done to have things where they should have been in the 1st place. Dealer is blaming Vexus, Vexus says it is on the dealer...I am stuck in the middle. Just so you should know the Raker HO prop that came with the engine had screwed up cupping, and only ran 56mph GPS.

I knew these boats could break 60mph!

3. Member
    What prop are you running angleiron

Quote Originally Posted by angleiron View Post
    Just as a FYI...

1980 with 150 HO, and a prop that I will share when/if I ever get my boat. 62mph GPS and hitting the rev limiter with a 180 pound driver with the motor still in break-in. Someone (dealer or Vexus) screwed up my boat build and I am waiting to see what is going to be done to resolve things. Boat is at the dealer, and I waiting to see what is going to be done to have things where they should have been in the 1st place. Dealer is blaming Vexus, Vexus says it is on the dealer...I am stuck in the middle. Just so you should know the Raker HO prop that came with the engine had screwed up cupping, and only ran 56mph GPS.

I am confident Vexus will ensure the issues are resolved, regardless of who owns/caused the issues. I am running a G2 w/ a raker also and have hit 60(GPS) a couple of times, however not a whole left in it when I did.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

5. Member
    Just as a FYI...

What is the screw up?

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    What is the screw up?
    Doesn't matter what it was...things were just not done the way that the boat was supposed to have been ordered/built. Not being a dick...just not looking to to make this into a pissing match. Will just say that the items that were done wrong were clearly covered with the dealer, Vexus was onboard as there were phone conversations while I was sitting there and placing the order and everything was supposed to have been good with Vexus. Vexus stated that what I had requested had been done before so no big deal...but somewhere something did not happen and the boat was delivered not built the way it should have been. The boat has been sitting at the dealership since the 3rd of June with nothing happening so far to resolve what needs to be resolved.

7. Member
    Doesn't matter what it was...things were just not done the way that the boat was supposed to have been ordered/built. Not being a dick...just not looking to to make this into a pissing match. Will just say that the items that were done wrong were clearly covered with the dealer, Vexus was onboard as there were phone conversations while I was sitting there and placing the order and everything was supposed to have been good with Vexus. Vexus stated that what I had requested had been done before so no big deal...but somewhere something did not happen and the boat was delivered not built the way it should have been. The boat has been sitting at the dealership since the 3rd of June with nothing happening so far to resolve what needs to be resolved.
    Just curious, that's all. Since I'm dealing with a similar situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Just curious, that's all. Since I'm dealing with a similar situation.
    I asked for a speedo delete as a speedometer on a boat that has a GPS unit mounted at the console is useless. I wanted the speedo to be deleted, the 2 gauges at the lower left put where the speedo was so I could install the Evinrude 4.3 Icon gauge where the 2 smaller gauges were. I also did not want the additional holes in the boat for the speedo pickup and tube. Boat came with a speedometer, speedo pickup mounted, hole for the speedo tube, and the 2 gauges in the lower left. Everything was covered when ordering the boat, and at the time everyone was on board as according to Vexus they had done this before. Dealer is blaming Vexus stating that Vexus told them they will only build a boat one way, and Vexus states that the dealer did not put down on the order sheet what I wanted as if it was on the order sheet then the boat would have been built the way I wanted it.

Again...I was sitting right there when the conversations took place about all of this and when I left the dealership there was no reason to think it would have turned into this.

I don't think a Speedo Pickup tube is revolutionary.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I don't think a Speedo Pickup tube is revolutionary.
    Where was revolutionary and speedo pickup mentioned together, other than inside your anti-Vexus mind? And don't dodge the answer, show me.

11. Banned
    I asked for a speedo delete as a speedometer on a boat that has a GPS unit mounted at the console is useless. I wanted the speedo to be deleted, the 2 gauges at the lower left put where the speedo was so I could install the Evinrude 4.3 Icon gauge where the 2 smaller gauges were. I also did not want the additional holes in the boat for the speedo pickup and tube. Boat came with a speedometer, speedo pickup mounted, hole for the speedo tube, and the 2 gauges in the lower left. Everything was covered when ordering the boat, and at the time everyone was on board as according to Vexus they had done this before. Dealer is blaming Vexus stating that Vexus told them they will only build a boat one way, and Vexus states that the dealer did not put down on the order sheet what I wanted as if it was on the order sheet then the boat would have been built the way I wanted it.

Again...I was sitting right there when the conversations took place about all of this and when I left the dealership there was no reason to think it would have turned into this.
    I think you could look at the order sheet and that who solve the he said/she said.

Having the speedo tube on mine actually worked out. It is completely useless and that is where I am going to mount my 2D high speed transducer to get an accurate reading while running on plane. If you are using hummingbirds, it is a good option since the holes are already there.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I think you could look at the order sheet and that who solve the he said/she said.
    That has crossed my mind but at this point it doesn't matter as it doesn't change anything. This isn't rocket science, and there was no ambiguity or confusion as to what was supposed to have happened. I wanted the 4.3 Icon gauge so I could have the multiple functions up to monitor the engine when running the boat. There was only 1 way for that to work, and it was the way I described as in what needed to be done to make that gauge fit the only place it could go. A speedometer using the pickup and tube on a bassboat is a dinosaur when the vast majority of people are going to have a unit that is going to have GPS that can be used for performance.

Here is what bothers me. The finger pointing and no one stepping up and taking responsibility. People make mistakes, and if someone would have called me and said "Hey, we goofed and we want to do whatever we need to do to take care of it". That has yet to happen, but if it did I am sure something could be worked out...maybe...but I have to be honest I have an issue accepting something that isn't what was wanted. I am someone who has not bought a vehicle off of a lot in 35 years...everything I drive has been ordered so I get what I want/need. All of past boats have been ordered so I got what was ordered/needed, that was the plan for this one. I was pretty psyched ordering the 1980 the way I wanted it, and something that should have been simple and easy has turned into disappointment and work on my part which I should not have had to do.

14. Member
    Coming from glass and now owning a a 1980 w/ g2, I can only get 54 from my boat with selected tackle load

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass0112 View Post
    Where was revolutionary and speedo pickup mentioned together, other than inside your anti-Vexus mind? And don't dodge the answer, show me.
    Really? Each part of the boat has to be called out as revolutionary? The whole product is supposed to be so and it almost is and I am almost a buyer, far from anti-Vexus.

Do you think a speedo pickup should be on the back of the boat or should a GPS speedometer be used?

Which would you consider revolutionary and which is old school?

Which would you rather have?

"Today marks a historic time in our industry as we continue our revolutionary commitment to product excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Bpayne View Post
    Coming from glass and now owning a a 1980 w/ g2, I can only get 54 from my boat with selected tackle load
    Raker prop?

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Really? Each part of the boat has to be called out as revolutionary? The whole product is supposed to be so and it almost is and I am almost a buyer, far from anti-Vexus.

Do you think a speedo pickup should be on the back of the boat or should a GPS speedometer be used?

Which would you consider revolutionary and which is old school?

Which would you rather have?

"Today marks a historic time in our industry as we continue our revolutionary commitment to product excellence."
    For a self proclaimed almost buyer, you sure do bad mouth the brand a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass0112 View Post
    For a self proclaimed almost buyer, you sure do bad mouth the brand a lot.

Just a suggestion for improvment. You seem to be the only one bothered by this. Later Sebastian

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roni3 View Post
    Any speed numbers on the 189? I'm curious for the most part. I realize it's not built for speed, but would like to know what others are getting out of the 115 pro xs.
    So I see we have moved away from the original subject, so I will ask again just to see if anyone might have an answer.

20. Member
    I'm just going to take a guess and say low to mid forty's depending on load and conditions. I have a 135 Rude on my 1880, and still have not reached top speed , got to 43 with plenty of pedal left trimmed at half, with 3 grown men in it, but I ran out of room as our lakes are a mine field due to all the rain we have had.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast