Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Na not yet. I Haven't got her back yet. They didn't say anything about a back order or anything

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

My lower unit will be here next week. Who said its 4 to 6 weeks?

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    I did. Its right at $8k
    You got taken advantage of If you paid that price for a Gen1 TM can get them all day for $4,100
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

The lower unit its self was a hair over 6k. Im sure they stuck it to the insurance company

That's what my dealer told me, he said he called Mercury. I am in need or a Torque Master II ASAP.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    You got taken advantage of If you paid that price for a Gen1 TM can get them all day for $4,100
    I've seen where you've made this comment before... and we discussed then that comparing someone's aftermarket rebuild/reman with an OEM NEW Gearcase is comparing two different things entirely. The prices you are throwing out are considerably below dealer's cost, so it's highly doubtful that you can buy them all day... NEW from Mercury. If you could, rest assured that the Insurance Companies would be using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W
    The lower unit its self was a hair over 6k. Im sure they stuck it to the insurance company

Since MSRP is a hair over $6500, sounds like they wrote it up properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W

Your boat has a Gen-1 TM Gearcase. C130 is waiting for a Gen-2 TM Gearcase (completely different).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

BTW Don you were correct about the oil leaking out of seal. My prop shaft was out of spec after the accident

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Not really glad to have been correct, but it's good it was caught.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I had a question about the new l/U. Is there a break in time and when does the first gear lube change need to be done. Thanks

10. Member
    Once or twice a year, depending on use.

Thanks savage. Is there a break in procedure

12. Member
    Thanks savage. Is there a break in procedure
    Same as the motor.

13. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Change your LU lube after the first couple of hours of use on the new unit. If there's a problem, 99 times out of 100 it will show right off the bat.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12