Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No problems with mine after getting it set correctly.
    We had to removed idle stop screw to get correct rpm, then adjusted full throttle screw to attain 100%

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Use a different shop. We set mine on a 2009 Hotfoot in July 2018 and it's still set over 2 years later.
    Is that on the new 4 stroke?
    2016 Z520, 2018 250 Pro LPXS sn/ 2B590153, Helix 10s on bow and console, 360 bow and 112 Ultrex, 126sv and Livescope.
    Son inherited - 1997 462VS 150 Johnson Faststrike, 800 series birds, side image, 110 Fortrex

Quote Originally Posted by 241 View Post
    Is that on the new 4 stroke?
    Yes sir.. Mike was one of the first I knew of.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    To again stress the importance of the Hotfoot IDLE STOP:

Hotfoot IDLE STOP is extremely critical on these engines- far more than previous 2-stroke models as the stop on the HOTFOOT at idle is the primary point from which all throttle settings will run.

If that throttle linkage doesn't come back to the same point each time... it will be incorrect when it adapts the next time (at keyup or startup).
    My cable routinely needs lubrication where the cable exits out of the outer sleeve and connects to the hot foot. T-H said to use WD40 to lubricate the cable at that point (I had been using a dry lubricant that worked good), the spring is as tight as it can be and cannot be adjusted any tighter.

Question Don, when it comes back to the original idle position has the engine ECM recalibrated such that both idle and WOT are correct? Or once it doesn't come back to full idle position must the engine ECM be recalibrated for idle and WOT?

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The PCM "adapts" the idle position each time the key is turned on and engine started. VERY critical it always be AT IDLE unless in gear and going somewhere.

Problem with not having idle set screw backed way up is that there is often not enough mechanical throw to achieve 100% (if idle position is not as far back as it needs to be).

Previous models were not quite as finicky... so techs tended to overlook the idle position entirely as long as it returned ok.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I might add, do not even have your foot on the pedal when starting, any movement at all and the pcm will think this is closed throttle throwing off the entire throttle curve. Sometimes we get in a hurry and do this without being aware of it
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    I might add, do not even have your foot on the pedal when starting, any movement at all and the pcm will think this is closed throttle throwing off the entire throttle curve. Sometimes we get in a hurry and do this without being aware of it
    Thanks Leon, this being the case? If you did have your foot resting in it, would it then be as simple as turn it off, remove said foot, then restart?
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

Yes sir, I would give it 10 seconds off time though
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Yes sir, I would give it 10 seconds off time though
    Thank you !
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12