Guides on Rayburn and Fork???

Looking at putting together a trip to one of theses two Lakes. Mid January to mid February. Looking for a guide. There will be two anglers. We are avid bass anglers. We can bring our own gear would just need to know what to bring for that time of year. We would like a 3-4 day package.

Please be honest if this is not a good time of year. Tell me. We want the opportunity to catch big bass.

Thanks.

2. Banned
    I think January is too early, late February- April would be good IMO. There are some good guides at Fork, I've been with Lance Vick and can tell you he is the best I've ever been in the boat with. We caught good fish all day but the knowledge I grind on Lowrance graphs was the best part.

FLW will be on Rayburn in Jan, that will be cool, but also may want to avoid it. But its the time of year to catch the bigger bags of fish on Rayburn. I'd vote for late Jan, on Rayburn to avoid the super cold and the FLW. Either way both lakes see plenty of traffic.

U can also easily do a day trip to Toledo Bend from Rayburn.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    Depends on the weather but I’d also make it late Jan. At the earliest. The weather guessers say we have a hard, cold winter coming. A hard winter here may be swimming weather to you though. If it’s warm, Jan on Rayburn is great.

5. Member
    Andrew Grills is a hammer on fork when it's cold. Fork has a better selection of guides IMO. Any time between Jan and May will limit the guides around Rayburn unless you schedule around their tournament schedule. Plus weather will play a big role. Cold long winter and Jan will be tough on Rayburn but a mild winter and they could be on fire at that time. Best bet is a late March or early April trip.

Lance Vick for Fork.