4 days weekend - Where should we go St Clair, Alpena, ?

Buddy and I looking to go someplace in Michigan for some smallmouth this Friday-Monday. Been to St Clair and thought about doing that again. Thought about trying something new like Long or Grand lake. Hotels close to charlevoix seem to be crazy high this weekend. small lake, big lake, Any idea for some good fishing and places to stay?

Thanks

2. Member
    Last holiday weekend, gonna be crazy busy up north and LSC will be a zoo with pleasure boat traffic unless you head to Canadian waters. Personally I wouldn't want anything to do with driving up north unless you do so in the middle of the night. Grand lake is fishing terrible from the reports I've seen.

StClair sucked for me last Sunday... We caught 4 smallies and 1 LM in 7hrs fishing 15-20ft of water... 3 under size and 5lbs between the best 2.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

northern Michigan just got POUNDED with big thunder storms, plus its the last weekend before school starts so chances of finding any open room are slim to none unless you luck out. have fun this weekend whatever you do

Quote Originally Posted by bob o View Post
    northern Michigan just got POUNDED with big thunder storms, plus its the last weekend before school starts so chances of finding any open room are slim to none unless you luck out. have fun this weekend whatever you do
    I’m up north in the TC area. Post frontal today and the fishin sucked. Air temp dropped something like 30 degrees in 24 hrs (was 48 this morning). Fished 5 hours on a good smallie lake and caught 1 smb, a rocky, and a perch. 2 other bassboats on the lake had the same experience. Off the water by 2 and teed off at 3:30. FYI Pinecroft is a nice tract and reasonably priced.
    Last edited by Hollada; 08-30-2018 at 10:13 PM.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

6. Member
    Dan, go play this course if you have the time! It's a fantastic course!!

http://www.michigangolf.com/courses/...-bahles-farms/

7. Member
    We canceled the trip. The weather did not look right for ST Clair with Wind and clouds. The North end of the state got pounded by rain last week and by all report will be crazy this weekend.

8. Member
    Good call, just got off of lsc and it was very rough with the east winds. Lots of floating weeds, caught one dink and that was it. Only fished for 2 hours.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bob o View Post
    I have been up by Cadillac since yesterday running the generator for the cottage .....It looks like a war zone up here with lots of trees down....Everything between US10 and 55 got hammered....
    Power came on last night....Not going anywhere near the lakes this weekend...I'm going to take my quad and my saw and help them clear some ORV trails of the downed trees..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn