Sylacauga Marine

Anyone here purchase a Nitro from Sylacauaga Marine in Alabama? If so any specific sales rep to deal with?
    Last edited by Seniorjumper82; 08-28-2018 at 09:51 PM.
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

2. Member
    Yep just picked mine up from there 2 weeks ago. Talk to rob peoples

3. Dogfish_Jones
    I have two friends that bought Nitros from them and they have had noting but trouble from them. Not in the boat but the rigging and setup they did on them.
    1- The motor was about 1/2 " lower on one side.
    2- The wiring to the bow graph was laying on the carpet not hide or tucked away.
    3- The hot-foot was setup where you could only run about 3/4 speed.
    4- The graph put in the console fell out because they never glue or drilled for the mounting screws to hold it in. Plus the hole they cut was jagged and looked as if they use a handsaw to cut it out.
    When he picked it up, some of these things were noted to them and they said just bring it back after your break in period and we will correct it. Sadly he did that and not one of those things we fixed when he took it back to them.
    He ended up taking to the local Bass Prop Shop store after calling Nitro and Bass Pro Shop and they fixed the problems.
    He took the boat in to them before calling Nitro and Bass Pro Shop to have them correct the problems, they told him to be back in a week to pick it up, when he went to do that, they had not fixed anything, not even looked at it. The sales guy went to the back got some guy to fix it right then and maybe 30 minutes later he came back and said everything was fixed. The only thing different was they moved the bow graph cable under the front cover and drilled a big hole in the side to run it back to the graph. he had to put a cover on that where water and rain would not fill that space up.
    I think from what I have heard...and seen from their rigging of new boats it very bad. They give you a good price and add a few good extras along with the purchase...but it does come with a price of quality.
    No, I have not bought a boat from them, so I have no reason to be out to get them on that end. I have seen the mistakes on two boats with my own eyes, so it is not he said and I believe it.

4. Member
    I would talk to L and L marine in northport alabama. Bought 2016 Z21 there and been nothing but pleased with the service from Mr. Bob Hale. He will do you right

5. Member
    I have heard a couple good reports on L and L, haven't heard anything on the other.

Im on my 3rd boat from them and will be purchasing my next one from them also.
    2021 Nitro Z21/300 4 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorjumper82 View Post
    Anyone here purchase a Nitro from Sylacauaga Marine in Alabama? If so any specific sales rep to deal with?
    I see your location says Dothan, AL. The guys at Boyd's marine are awesome. You can check out West Georgia Boat Center as well.

2018 Ranger Z520c w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    8' Powerpole Blades
    Ultrex 112lb
    TH Hydraulic Jackplate

8. Member
    Everybody going to have their opinion on this dealer done this that dealer done that, the only thing you can do is check it out for yourself. I pick my new boat up there 2 weeks ago great service done what I asked him to do had it ready when I told him to have it ready. So far the service side has been great, talk to the service manager seems to know his way around Mercury Motors pretty well. They're also one of the top sellers in the nation of Nitro boats and actually had the new four strokes in stock long before Bass Pro Shops did.

9. Banned
    Had a buddy buy a new 2016 z20 and another buddy buy a new 2017 z19 from them last year. The rigging and service on both has been poor.
    The installs they do of electronics and transducers are a joke! They pretty much suck!

Quote Originally Posted by GCSUbassman View Post
    I see your location says Dothan, AL. The guys at Boyd's marine are awesome. You can check out West Georgia Boat Center as well.
    WestGa Boat is top notch they do alot of business..

11. Member
    DONT DO IT.
    If the thunder don't getcha, the lightning will.

12. Member
    I appreciate all the info guys. I’m gonna hold off for the moment.
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

13. Member

Sylacauga Marine- a good dealership

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I have two friends that bought Nitros from them and they have had noting but trouble from them. Not in the boat but the rigging and setup they did on them.
    1- The motor was about 1/2 " lower on one side.
    2- The wiring to the bow graph was laying on the carpet not hide or tucked away.
    3- The hot-foot was setup where you could only run about 3/4 speed.
    4- The graph put in the console fell out because they never glue or drilled for the mounting screws to hold it in. Plus the hole they cut was jagged and looked as if they use a handsaw to cut it out.
    When he picked it up, some of these things were noted to them and they said just bring it back after your break in period and we will correct it. Sadly he did that and not one of those things we fixed when he took it back to them.
    He ended up taking to the local Bass Prop Shop store after calling Nitro and Bass Pro Shop and they fixed the problems.
    He took the boat in to them before calling Nitro and Bass Pro Shop to have them correct the problems, they told him to be back in a week to pick it up, when he went to do that, they had not fixed anything, not even looked at it. The sales guy went to the back got some guy to fix it right then and maybe 30 minutes later he came back and said everything was fixed. The only thing different was they moved the bow graph cable under the front cover and drilled a big hole in the side to run it back to the graph. he had to put a cover on that where water and rain would not fill that space up.
    I think from what I have heard...and seen from their rigging of new boats it very bad. They give you a good price and add a few good extras along with the purchase...but it does come with a price of quality.
    No, I have not bought a boat from them, so I have no reason to be out to get them on that end. I have seen the mistakes on two boats with my own eyes, so it is not he said and I believe it.
    Surprised to see this post since it is so opposite from my experiences with Rob and Lee at Sylacauga Marine. I'm a couple days away from receiving a new 2019 Z20 with Mercury 250 four-stroke, and can hardly wait. During the past few decades I have been lucky enough to own more than a dozen bass boats from Virginia, the Carolinas, Georgia, and Alabama; thus, have dealt with a lot of boat dealers. Few have equaled my experience with Sylacauga Marine. Both Rob and Lee have been perfect salesmen and ambassadors for Nitro. If someone experienced a problem in the past, I would be astonished if Rob and Lee had not done everything possible to fix it. My boat should be rigged next week. If that process is as pleasant and competent as the sales experience has been, then Sylacauga Marine will remain at the top of my list of excellent boat dealers. I will pass on next week's results along with a pic or so.

14. Member
    Which z20 did you buy the white and black or the red one? I just bought a z21 about a month ago from them.

15. Dogfish_Jones
    I hope your boat is rigged out with no problems, I just have seen with my own eyes many problems that has happened with that dealership. It seems other here on this thread has also had or seen problems with them.
    Hopefully what has happened is, they got rid of those that created those problems. They may well be good in the service department ....now.
    I do know from what I know and seen, I would not purchase a boat from them when there are some very good ones to purchase a huge investment.
    I looked at their boats before I bought mine...elsewhere and too be honest the way they just store them under a metal roof, those things looked very dirty, and plain out nasty. Hard to sell a boat when they look like they haven't seen a wash job in months.
    I think the sales crew was good, I think that might be their strength in that dealership.
    I've seen worse dealerships...but I've seen a lot better too.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suprtrkr1974 View Post
    Which z20 did you buy the white and black or the red one? I just bought a z21 about a month ago from them.
    Ordered one through them with Lee's help. Getting the green and black hull. Have always had white, gray, or blue boats. Not getting any younger, so decided to be less conservative. Hope that you're enjoying your's.