Anyone heard of a bunk carpet that doesnt hold water?

My dealer said he has a new kind of carpet that does not absorb water so it wont stay wet under the boat when its on the trailer. Has anyone ever heard of this carpet or used it? I'm looking at getting gatorbaks but I'd like to know more about this carpet.

I have used Boat Blanket by Sailrite on 3 projects and have been very pleased with it's durability. It retains much less water than carpet. I have not gone to gatorbaks, because the neighborhood ramp requires that I power load. I believe they will send samples when requested. https://www.sailrite.com/Fabrics/Mar...c/Boat-Blanket

That looks interesting. I wondered if a sisal fiber would work for bunks. It's extremely tough, and doesn't hold water. But not sure if it would be durable for longevity.

4. mikesxpress
    The website shows nothing about installation of any of there material for bunks but does mention it in text.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    The website shows nothing about installation of any of there material for bunks but does mention it in text.
    The sailrite site has a DIY video for bunk boards using their product. It is definitely not a product they focus on, but it is a product I have used and is the product that works best for me. It absorbs much less water than any carpet I have used and dries very quickly.