05 201 pro xl 250 HPDI setup

What prop and prop to pad height are most guys running with a 250 hpdi and 03 to 07 201 pro xl? Thanks

2. Member
    27 tempest 2.5 in. below pad.

3. Member
    message sent thoeft

4. Member
    Thanks!

5. Member
    Mine runs good with a 27 Tempest, but runs better with a 27 T1. I had to have it drilled for PVS holes to get it to plane a little better.
    I cant run mine at 2.5”. I run 3-1/4” to 3-1/2” below. Mine is an OX66, but I have an HPDI Lower unit on it.

6. Member
    ive tried 100 props on mine (not really 100 but 10 at least)

by far the best all around prop is Fury 4 26P. runs 70 mph with 4 group 31 batts, a 12' talon and dual console and a partner. without a partner runs about 71. dual PVS holes and all the plugs you can really dial in height and holeshot.

05 201 pro with an 05 250 hpdi.

7. Member
    71 is not the goal with that boat/motor.
    I can run 74 loaded with a partner and 76-77 alone.
    Maybe down to 72 loaded in this nasty humidity/heat.

8. Member
    Running the fury 4 i'm sure it sticks to the water and great prop in rough water?
    Currently running a 27T1 myself and adjusting the prop to pad. I'm also running a 10" manual slidemaster.
    What is your prop to pad height and jackplate?
    How do you like the 12' talons?
    I'm deciding on power-poles or talons. Both have their advantages..

9. Member
    the fury 4 handles great, instant holeshot livewells full or empty, partner or no, etc. I am running 3.5" below and i have a 4" plate (i had a 10" with other props but that 4" really makes it handle more like a sports car than a dragster). There are faster props no doubt. If im going 71 or 74, it really doesnt matter with the advantages of the 4 blade. I had it going faster but sacrificed everywhere else. again, mine is heavier than most with all the batts, console, talon, etc.

The Talon is ok, it seems really clunky, but thats just how they are. I like the power pole in that you can partially deploy them to get them out of the way. To be honest, since i put an xi5 on with anchor mode, i almost never use the talon anymore.

I agree with 201 pro - you can get more out of the setup but it will cost you some serious $$ chasing 2-4 mph. He has a little different motor than we do, HPDI's are not as fast as the OX66's and he may have a different lower than us (some of the HPDI lowers had a different gear ratio).

10. Member
    I have the same HPDI lower unit as you.
    I haven’t spent much money chasing props. Just tell mark what I want when he rebuilds them after I tear them up every year.
    Mine runs that speed with a T1 or Tempest or my old Turbo Lightning.
    Only issue I have would be a not so stellar holeshot with the T1 and that has been fixed with drilling PVS holes. If that setup works for you, then that’s great. I may need to try the Fury 4 to see how it would be for a big water prop.
    I want mine to run as fast as possible so when I make 148 mile runs, like I did two weeks ago, I can still run 55- 60 mph at 4500-5000rpm and be able to make it on a tank of fuel.

11. Member
    Member bubba201 here on bbc had a 4 blade fury and seemed to be best all around for his 201 pro as well. One reason I myself am leaning towards a 4 blade is my past ranger had a 4 blade renegade. Fast hole shot and very very stable on rough water. Especially when water is choppy and boat traffic. It holds the water and does not get sloppy. Especially when turning into sharp curves.