2005 201 glove box issue

New to me recently. Previous owner has radio in glove box. My question is I keep losing remote to radio and power pole laynard into the front crack inside the glove box. Most of the time they bounce out in the ride to the lake, but recently that is not working. Have been down under console multiple times looking and feeling around to no avail. Any options other than taking the entire 2nd console out?

2. Member
    You might try a pick to retrieve it. In future i would use a 3m sticky velcro back-dbl sided and leave in glove box. also use a noodle and push into the holes to prevent future loses.

you should be able to reach up and around to get them if you arms are small and long enough. otherwise go hit the lake on a windy day and bounce them free! i would suspect its hung up on a rough piece of the fiber glass. careful reaching around also that stuff is wicked sharp.

Once out go get a piece of non absorbent foam about 2"x2" and 18" ish long and stuff it in the crack. no more loosing stuff.
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

4. Member
    You can pull the windshield and black vinyl off the console.
    I filled mine with 1” foam backer rod in that crack.

5. Member
    Thanks will try that.