Question Livescope forward, how to change the direction ?

Hello guys,

If I understand Livescope Fwd, it emits ultrasound in a range of 135° front to back and 20° side to side.
    I find this technology awesome, but I am doubtful about how to handle it.
    Does it exist a system to change manually the direction of the transducer ?
    I mean, installing it on the transom means positionning the boat in the direction we want to fish... doesn't seem optimal to me.
    And mounting it on the trolling motor is not ideal too (when navigating a river for example with gps anchor, the motor moves every time ).

Is my question relevant ?

Regards

2. Member
    I have mine mounted on the shaft of my trolling motor. Rotate the motor to change directions. Some have it mounted on a separate stick to manually move it.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

3. Member
    kunfuka,

I am currently running the ps 22 panoptix and have the livescope on order. I have an ulterra and experienced the issues of not being able to control which direction my transducer was shooting, especially when you use your spot lock. With that said I think I have found the perfect solution when I came acrost a rotatable stick made by Podunk Ideas. I just ordered it this morning and hope to have it here by Friday so that I can get it mounted up and use it this coming weekend. One final note is the panoptix is truly the first transducer I have found that really is a game changer for my fishing. As good as it works I can only imagine how exited I will be with the new livescope version!

4. Member
    LiveScope is regular Panoptix on steroids.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobkr3nn View Post
    kunfuka,

I am currently running the ps 22 panoptix and have the livescope on order. I have an ulterra and experienced the issues of not being able to control which direction my transducer was shooting, especially when you use your spot lock. With that said I think I have found the perfect solution when I came acrost a rotatable stick made by Podunk Ideas. I just ordered it this morning and hope to have it here by Friday so that I can get it mounted up and use it this coming weekend. One final note is the panoptix is truly the first transducer I have found that really is a game changer for my fishing. As good as it works I can only imagine how exited I will be with the new livescope version!
    You will like that stick. Rickie is top notch.

6. Member
    I will disable spot lock to to scan side to side. then just resume spot lock. I dont find it too frustrating.. livescope does show under the boat and behind it in most depths when in fwd mode. it's a wide beam.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff